A little worried

Hello. This is my first post here. I saw my local GP for a lump 2 weeks ago. In the last week it is sore and tender. I was referred to clinic but she said at least 6 weeks give or take with Covid-19. Just getting a little worried with the new pain. Anyone had  this? 

Thanks x

• Hi Islandgirl, 

I noticed you haven't had a reply yet so I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the forum :)

It's completely understandable, and natural, to be feeling this way as many of our members who have been in this situation have found out and I'm sure some of them will pop by soon to offer their support and advice.

Fingers crossed you can get seen more quickly and that everything will be o.k.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi islandgirl,

When I went to the GP I was told I would be seen within 2 weeks, however I hadn't heard anything 2 weeks later so called the hospital to find out how long I would have to wait.  I was told due to covid it would be 6-8 weeks. As you can imagine my heart sank.  However, I did get a call the next week to offer me an appointment so in the end it was a 4 week wait. 

I think they tell you worst case scenario for waiting times, but hopefully you will be sooner.  I know the waiting is awful x