A little scared

Hi everyone. 

Im scared and confused about everything that's about to happen.

Ive developed a lump on my thyroid. It measures 5cm ive had a ultrasound and FNA a few weeks ago. 

I got the results of my FNA back saying U3 Indeterminate thyroid and needs to be repeated. Ive stupidly googled everything and its fair to say Im scared of what ive read!

Surely repeating the FNA will bring back the same result!

Anyobe had the same thing happen? 

Thanks for reading xx

• Hi K-Lou

Welcome to the forum although I'm sorry to hear about everything that's been happening recently. It's understandable that you're feeling as you are. 

Waiting for test results can be a very difficult time and then when you're told that tests need to be repeated it's natural to feel worried and even frustrated. However it's important to keep in mind that there could be any number of reasons for the need to do another test. It could be that the last FNA simply didn't have enough cells in the sample for the test to be properly processed. 

Unfortunately Dr Google is a particulary unreliable source of information and often members find that they're left feeling worse after looking for information. Try to avoid looking for information until your test is repeated. Once the Dr's have a diagnosis for the lump they'll be able to answer lots of your questions and if you do need to post here we have an Ask the Nurses topic area. 

I hope that you don't have to wait too long for the FNA to be repeated and that the results bring good news this time. Do let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator