6 weeks into treatment in hospital away from my children.

Hi from a newbie. Don't really know where to start. 7 weeks ago I was feeling a bit rough after a dose of flu. Then following blood tests, bang. You've got leukaemia (AML) life changed completely from then. I Had my first cycle of chemo which didn't work so have had to stay in and get straight on with cycle 2, I'm now on day +8 from this cycle and waiting fir blood counts to increase do I can go hone for a rest before bone marrow transplant, my only hope. Being away from my 4 year old and 10 month old is hell, I honestly think the little one is forgetting who I am. I try so hard to stay positive but I've just had enough now. 

• Hi josiemoss  How awful for you being away from your young children.  If who ever is looking after them has photos of you and talks to them about you and that you will soon be back I am sure they will remember you especially if you can talk to them over the phone.

We all have days when staying posative is a foreign land I got through this by accepting that when I am down I am down but it wont last tomorrow is always another day.

You will see several rant posts on here when people have just had enough and want to let of steam so dont be afraid to come on here and post whatever you want we all understand.

Here's a tale for you- after my surgery during one of the doctors rounds he said "your blood pressure is a bit high we might have to give you some tablets" I was not having a good day so my reply came out " your blood pressure would be up if you were lying here instead of me I am a control freak and I am not in control and I dont need any tablets"  raised a smile on the junior doctors faces and the other patients in the ward.  Needless to say I did not go on blood pressure tablets.

Keep us informed of your progress

• Hi Josiemoss

How absolutely awful that you are having to be apart from your family. I get my inspiration from my family and can only imagine your pain. I hope you are all reunited soon. Keep popping into this group and keep us up to date with your situation. Love Moira x

• Hi Josiemoss, welcome to the forum, but sorry that you have to be here. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Having to leave your little ones at home while you fight this terrible disease is heartbreaking. They are not even old enough to understand what's going on. I don't know if its' possible or not, but thought I would throw it in here anyway. If you have a laptop and the hospital has WIFI you could talk to them on Skype. (Of course, that would mean also having a computer at home too.) Just a thought. When I was last in hospital, there was a young mother in the room with me and she had little ones at home. They used to "talk" several times through the day and her little ones loved it.

I hope things work out for you soon so you can go home to your little ones. Come back on here anytime and let us know how you get along.

Take care and sending you virtual hugs.

Lorraine 

• Hi, I'm so sorry for diagnosis. I can't imagine bringing away from your kids for so long. It's heart breaking. I have also been diagnosed with AML recently if you ever want to talk. Wish and praying the best for you. Hugs.