47 and invited to mammogram, now been recalled!!

Hi all,

I am freaking out!! I am 47 and was invited to come for a mammogram as part of a study. I went a week ago and today habe received a letter saying I have to go back in just under 2 weeks for more tests. I didn't have any symptoms so was confident to go but now I am beside myself with worry. 
I have lipodema and have had a lot of surgery to remove it, part of this was an arm lift. The scars go right into my armpit and out the back. Is it possible they have seen some scar tissue or could it be lipodema they are seeing in the scan. I'm tearing myself apart and imagining all sorts. Can anyone advise please. Thank you in advance x

• Hi

I know it is a worry getting called back. Are they aware of this scar tissue?

My friend got recalled a few months ago, she had the worst weekend ever with the worry, the letter arrived on the friday with a monday appointment.

She had scar tissue too which had shown up from an old injury. They just had to double check it and in te end everything was fine.

Good luck with your appointment x

• Hi,

thanks for your reply, it really is so appreciated. I don't know if I have any scar tissue I only question if maybe I have and that has shown up because of the arm lift I had that the scar goes into my armpit, I guess I am grabbing at straws‍♀️. Also having lipodema the tissue is different and my friend had this with her mammogram. Obviously I can't help but worry and my apt is not for another 11 days!! God knows how I will get through the next 11 days. How does anyone here cope!! x

• I've had the waiting hell a few times.....

Some good news and some bad.

There is no stress free way but keeping busy helps.

I suppose it would be more stressfull if they got you back straight away rather than 11 days. Look at this as a positive. They do have a weird way of doing things I have found and when you turn up for your appointment a total wreck fighting back the tears after you have spent days imagining the very worst.... they sometimes look at you as if to say... why are you in this state.... just want to explain the next test we would like to do...

The relief is amazing though if all turns out well.