4 weeks today

Hi, it’s been a few days since ive posted anything but the yesterday I went to get some stitches checked and I asked the nurse if my results had been logged into the system yet and she said no. I explained it’s been around 4 weeks(4 weeks today) and she said if I don’t get the results in a few days I should ring my GP(I think it was my GP or just someone who can give me my results). Before I ring my GP, does anyone know te average time for a mole biopsy to come back and what to i exactly ask my GP, I’m not sure on this stuff, thanks-Rose x

• Hello rosexox,

I hope you will hear from others here who have had a similar experience and will tell you how long it took them for the mole biopsy results to come back.

I also hope that you've managed to get somewhere with getting your results. Have you had a chance to ring your GP already? Waiting for results can be so stressful so I am keeping everything crossed for you. I hope you will get some tips from our members based on their personal stories to guide you on what questions you may ask your doctor when you next speak to him/her.

Our nurses are also available should you have any questions for them. You can reach them on this free number 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

If you have a chance let us know what you find out.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• I have left a few voicemails to my GP but still no reply and I got in contact with the nurses and they said usually 2 weeks is the average wait and as it is coming up 5 weeks I’m not sure if I should be worried? Thank you for your advice it helped a lot-Rose

• Hello Rose,

It's great you got in touch with the nurses. As they mentioned 2 weeks is the average wait, it might be worth chasing them again either by ringing your GP again or perhaps getting in touch with the receptionist at the hospital where the biopsy was performed to check whether the results have been logged and sent. I wouldn't worry as it doesn't mean anything, but it is worth persevering I think.

I hope you manage to get hold of your GP on Monday or of someone who can point you in the right direction.

Keep us updated, we'll be keeping everything crossed for you!
    Lucie