4 lumps and waiting for results

Found a lump at end of October, went to GP, got referral to breast clinic, attended the clinic and had mammogram and ultrasound. The dr doing the ultrasound found 2 other lumps and was going to do a core needle biopsy there and then but there was no time so I had it done 4 days later and it turned out to be 4 biopsies as there was a 4th lump nearer my armpit. 

I got a phonecall a week later booking a consultant appt for 8th December. When I called them they wouldn't give me any indication as to whether it's ok news or not. Nothing was said during my ultrasound and core biopsies about the lumps although they didn't look like text book ultrasound cysts or fibroadenomas so I'm suspecting breast cancer. 

I feel like I'm going to be walking into an ambush on Wednesday as I haven't been given any indication as to the the likely outcome so I'm out of my comfort zone. I'm 44 with 4 children, the youngest being 3 so really would have preferred some form of indication especially as there is so much going on with Christmas and I need to have my happy mummy face on when I collect them.

Any advice as to how the appt giving the results go so I've got some idea of what to expect please. 

• Hi, as far as im aware its usually a 2 week wait for biopsy results. The majority of posts on here say the same also. Well mine was too.

Good luck for Wednesday!

Much love xx

• Sorry you are going through this. I had first appointment as one stop shop and at end said will be cancer and called back a week later for treatment plan. 

Week later biopsies confirmed cancer, lobular, around 5cms by 5cms, was told HER2 negative and oestrogen positive. Told in skin. Given pamphlets and a cup of tea, doctor left, nurse stayed with me and could ask her questions. Doctor said didn't know treatment plan as lobular often worse on surgery and will decide rest later. Nurse after left said maybe radiotherapy, chemotherapy and tamoxifen. Sent for breast MRI for better imaging, came though for following week as did CT which they ordered as hip and bone pain and thought may have spread. If caught early there's a lot less treatment, mine was caught very late. 

Mine was rock hard like a flattened walnut and not moveable, also had skin changes especially if lifted arm. 

Hope you get all clear. 

• Thank you my biopsy results took a week to come back then my appt a week after that. It's just being in the dark is throwing me although I think the lump near my armpit/top of breast might have been a lymph node.

Can't do much about it either way now but get on with life and go and visit Father Christmas in some caves!

• Hi 

I was just going to say sorry you are going through this.

I had biopsy and they made an appointment for two weeks later for the results.I then had a phonecall after a week to come back and was told it was lobular breast cancer.I was releived that I didn't have to wait another week plus I was Oncologist sooner.

When they called me back sooner I asked her on the phone does this mean its bad news -she wouldn't tell me.

I had convinced myself it was cacer so when told face to face it wasn't that much of a shock, you don't get told much more than that unless you ask.I bombarded them with a load of questions which was my way of dealing with the anxiety but they are quite vague and don't want to commit to answers.

Hope the caves where christmassy ! xx