4 day chemotherapy

So I'm starting my second round of chemotherapy which is called DHAP, after the first course of ABVD was unsuccesful. Not looking forward to this one as much (if you can look forward to any type of chemotherapy) as I have to be admitted to hospital for at least 4 days for it. Also I've been told I'm going to have to go to London after my 2nd cycle, to have a stem cell transplant which I really do not like the idea of. Although I hate the thought of any of this sh*t, I know it's something I have to do. I just hope it all goes quickly, so I can get back to some kind of normality, as I've been self isolated for the last 3 months, and thinking of the treatment and everything that goes with it, it may be best if I get signed off work, which I can't afford to do.  

#staysafe

• Hi Tim,

It certainly sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment. I hope you're finding things as OK as possible, including the isolation which I'm sure must be difficult. It sounds like you're approaching it with a good attitude.

I hope things go well with the next treatment step and also that it's not too long to wait to get started with this.

As you know this forum is always a safe space to write down any thoughts/feelings about it all and to chat to others who understand.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator