36 and found indentation/lump in breast

I'm 36 and about a Yr ago I noticed my right breast had a kind of indentation below my nipple it has got worse in d last month or so and it was den I found a lump its very hard won't move and I'm getting like stabbing pains in my breast I'm terrified to go to the doctors because my mother died a Yr ago from ovarian cancer 

• Hi there, 

I'm so sorry for what you've been through. It's so awful and now to have this worry about your own health must be just terrible. 

You need to go to the doctor. Phone your surgery when it opens this morning. Even ask for an emergency appointment as you have stabbing pains. I know this is very very scary for you especially after losing your mum but you are so scared and worried, you need it checked. It could easily be nothing to worry about but until you get checked your going to be in a constant worry and you can't live like that. I know it's hard but you need to chat tithe doctor to find out what's going on. And honestly, knowing what it is will be much easier to cope with than the constant fear you're having now. I really feel for you on this and I really hope you do call your surgery-please do it. For your own sanity. We are all here for you, we know what this is like, let us know how you get on. Xxxxxxx

• Thank you for ur reply I am goin to make an appointment tomo wit my doc I have bein ringing dem but hanging up b4 dey ans I know I'm bein a chicken I have a 16 Yr old son and a 18 month old son I'm single mother I'm thinking d worst of havin yo tell my oldest son if I have it he's bein thru enuf an lost to many people already. D lump is actually in d indentation below my nipple like as in just above were the wire of my bra is an it's hard d pain isn't constant 

• Aaaaawww well done. I am so proud of you! Definitely ring them and let me know what they say. See if you can have an emergency appointment because of the stabbing pains (just in case it's an infection). 

I know exactly how you feel, I'm a single mum of four. My two eldest (22 and 19) are adults now and at uni but I have twins who are 7 soon. It would crush me to think of anything happening to me and having to tell them. Every mother feels exactly the same way. But you still have to face it. The sooner you find out what's wrong the better because if it's nothing you'll be able to stop worrying and if it is something the sooner you can start treatment. Most lumps in this area are nothing to worry about so it could be absolutely anything not necessarily cancer at all but you do need to know and I think you're amazing for agreeing to call your surgery this morning. Well done. Please let us know how you get on. We're all here for you and I'll keep my fingers crossed ok. Xxxxxxx

• Hello!

I’m in the same boat as you! I’m a single mum of two girls,one is almost 13 and the other 21. I also have 10 month old granddaughter.

last week I found a lump in my breast. It’s a funny shape,more oval than pea shape and about an inch or so accross. Do go and see your doctor. I know it’s worrying but you will get some answers. I have my appointment at the breast clinic next Thursday. 

The  worst bit is going to the doctor and the waiting! Try not to go onto google as I’ve already killed myself off haha. This group is my life saver and the members here are fantastic and have been amazing when I’m at my lowest. My advice will be try and distract yourself as much as you can while you wait for an appointment , it’s easier said than done but you can do this.

good luck and keep us updated xxxx

• I was the same so scared & anxious but please make an appointment it's a stressful & worrying time i've been a mess but better to get seen to - most lumps turn out to be benign which is positive & if not the sooner anything untoward is found the better. 

Good luck & take care I hope all turns out well for you x

• Please make an appointment. It's so hard to do, and I was the same as you, it took me a few weeks before I had the courage to book a GP appointment, I then cancelled my first breast clinic appointment and rescheduled it for a week later so I could pschye myself up. But I had the breast clinic appointment yesterday and it was nowhere near as horrible as I thought it would be - the staff were lovely and explained the procedures every step of the way. As others have said, most lumps are benign - but if they're not, it's better to know, and breast cancer is very treatable.

You can do this. Good luck xxx