3 months of symptoms

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the posts for a couple of months now and it seems like a great place, full of helpful folk

Why I'm here... 

For the last three months I have suffered with:

- headache (every day, all day, 24/7)

- neck, back throat, ear & shoulder pain.

- spitting blood (not coughing though, it happens when clearing my throat)

I have had 3 lots of bloods done - all fine.

chest x-Ray - all fine.

I even took myself to A&E when I spat out blood mixed with black mucus - tests done & no concerns ‍♂️

In the middle of this, I had a mole removed (11/12/2020) and today have had a call from the dermatologist asking for me to go in on Monday...

with regards to the first part (aches, pains & blood) I have been sent to ENT and awaiting an appointment. But after receiving the call today about the mole results, my head has gone & have now convinced myself that it's all linked and that I have cancer & it has spread (hence the blood, aches, pains etc..)

I've seen 4 different doctors who have all said that I'm stressed & the aches/pains are tension related.

with being asked to attend an appointment in person on Monday with the dermatologist, I'm assuming the worst with it being in the middle of a pendemic surely they would try to do as much as possible over the phone?

Any words of advice with any of the above would be appreciated, I'm proud dad of 2 amazing kids, 36 years old & petrified of leaving them.

Thank you

Nick

• Hello Nick

I'm sorry to hear that you've recently been dealing with some health problems and that in the midst of it all you've needed to have a mole removed. 

It's natural to be anxious about why the Consultant may want to see you face to face and what it is that they will say. I think from reading many posts here on the forum, particularly during the pandemic, that it's impossible to second guess things. There could be any number of reasons for the Consultant wanting to see you in person on Monday. 

Try to stay positive and focus on the fact that nothing has been picked up in any of the other tests that you've had done. If you'd like to talk things through with one of our nurses for some support and advice you're welcome to call them on 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. 

I hope all goes smoothly on Monday. Do let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Thanks for the reply Jenn - appreciated.

Have had the appointment with the dermatologist today who confirmed that the biopsy showed melanoma in situ.

sounds like all is fine now and they're going to start mole mapping with 6 monthly appointments.

if I can now get to the bottom of the aches, pains & spitting blood, I'll be happy.

Thanks again

Nick