24 year old.. lump in armpit/breast

Hello everyone

Whilst putting suncream on on holiday, I found a lump in my left armpit, close to the breast. I’ve had 2 trips to the GP in 6 weeks and going for breast screening next week. 

I am very anxious and getting myself upset, despite being told by GP my referral is more of a precaution than anything. Being told ‘you’re only 24’ doesn’t make me feel any better as I hear too many horror stories :(

I don’t know anyone else personally who has been been referred. Could anyone please give any insight into what I should expect when I go to the breast clinic? And maybe calm my nerves :( I suffer with bad anxiety and have always worried about my health from being very young

Many thanks for anyone who takes the time to reply. Feel a little lost x

• hi. I am in the same situation. Found a lump a year ago and went to a gp. 3 in fact. All said I just had lumpy boobs. Decided to go back as still feeling it and now been referred to breast clinic. Bad anxiety and stressing out. You are not alone. Let’s just pray that we are ok 

Aimee 

• Hi Aimee 

I am here for you if you need to chat.. I am finding it difficult to sleep ahead of my appointment on Friday

I’m glad persistence has gotten you a referral. It’s a shame we have to persist sometimes, but you will know your own body. 

Take care and reach out if needed

B x