23Year old nurse diagnosed with cancer during covid-19

My then 23-year-old brother (a nurse by occupation) was diagnosed with testicular cancer a month before the covid-19 pandemic hit, going through surgery and an intensive course of chemotherapy during the first pandemic. 

Please take a chance to read this incredible article he has participated in, regarding his journey. 

https://blogs.bmj.com/ebn/2022/05/08/a-cancer-diagnosis-during-covid-19-a-nurses-insider-perspective/

• Hello Gabby and welcome to the forum.

I'm really sorry to hear your brother was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer just before the pandemic hit. I can't begin to imagine how tough that must have been for you all but I'm glad his treatment was successful and he is now cancer free.

I'm sure others who may be embarking on this journey will appreciate your brother's insight so thank you for sharing this with us.

Best wishes to you both,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Very insightful and an interesting read. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 36 during COVID-19 and completely relate to a lot of points your brother mentioned in this article.

I'm a counsellor and my journey has and will definitely inform my practise. 

Wishing your brother the best of health. I always think it's important to share our stories as it may always benefit others or make people feel less alone.