23 years free of cancer.

A member of this forum for many years, mainly supporting breast cancer and colon cancer sufferers. For some reason I stopped accessing the forum and therefore less contact with members. I have continued to receive the odd email. Today I received the news of a new format which has prompted me to become involved once more. I also wonder how many members ate on the forum from all those years ago and indeed the moderators. 
Isobel. 

•  

Hi Isobel,

Welcome back.

I have been on the forum now for 13 years and remember your posts. I hope that you are still keeping well.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Wow Isobel 

23 years gives me so much joy 

lovely your back with good news 

love Lara Heart

• Hi Joaline, thank you for your kind welcome. I cannot believe it is so long since I joined Cancer chat, I had forgotten my user name of Rodis.

The records department were spot on in finding me. 
    The forunner to Cancer Chat was ebefriending, were you involved with that?

take care

Rodis (Isobel)

•  

Hi Isobel,

Isn't it amazing just how quickly time passes! I only came along in 2010, by which time Cancer Chat was up and running.

How are you kleeping these days?

Regatrds,
    Jolamine xx

• Hi Jolamine,

Yes I often wonder where the years have gone!

Although cancer free for 23 years I do have a number of health conditions. The main one beng deteriorating eye sight du to ARMD for which there is no treatment. As I  an 87 I should not complain as there ate others much worse off than me. 
    Ihope you are Weil and enjoying the better weather. 

Gheers,

Isobel. 

• Offline in reply to laraj

Hello Lara, thank you for your message. 
    I canno think of why I stopped using Cancer Chat. At the beginning aI hope I gave support to those on here at the time. I know I had great supprt when my husband died of colon cancer. 

Time moves on and as I received an email about the new format I knew it was time to return.
    I hope you are well. 
    Rodis. 

• Offline in reply to Rodis

Rodis 

thank you for your reply I'm well thank you had a breast cancer diagnosis july 22 I'm fully recovered now thankfully .

im still here and will be probably for a while as lind ypj had so much support at my time and feel I need to give back now .

the lovely jolamine is such a wonderful asset to this forum helped me so much bless her and helps so many ladies 

I'm glad you feel you can come back lovely to sisal with you .

im sorry about your husband Heart

love Lara Heart

•  

Hi Isobel,

I think that most of us collect more health condiotions along the way. I too have macular degeneration, but I can live with that. I lost my sight completely in one eye, after taking Letrozole and was fast losing it in the other. I developed Post-Compartmental Syndrome and had 7 operations to try and restore my sight. I feel so fortunate that the operations were successful, as I found the year without my sight was challenging.

I am battling with COVID at the moment and am totally exhausted, but otherwise keeping well. I'm just hoping that the good weather will last until I can go out again !

Regards,

Jolamine xx

• Jolamine 

sorry to hear you are poorly woth covid it's a lot of it around again in my area too 

get well soon 

love Lara Heart

• Offline in reply to laraj

Isobel 

hope you don't mind me asking this question was it breast cancer you had 23 years ago ? 
    love Lara Heart