2 year old with Wilms

Hi. My 2 year old little boy got diagnosed with a large Wilms Tumour 23rd May this year. He has had 4 weeks intensive Chemo and 12 days ago surgery to remove tumour and kidney. We are currently waiting on histology to come back and new Chemo plan. He also has a blip they want to take a further look at on his Lung. In 7.5 weeks we have been in and out of hospital 6 times. I feel like I'm on a never ending rollercoaster and can't get off, I try and keep up happy appearances to get my little boy through this but feel in turmoil inside. God knows how he must feel, unable to understand what's happening to him or why he can't just be at home.

There is light at the end of his tunnel and his prognosis is good but how can I get him there with as little emotional damage as possible? 

Me and my partner (little ones dad) are struggling to hold it together. He's very outwardly emotional and talks about it to people but I feel like I'm the one left holding it together and actually doing the hard work. I do the hospital stays, meds and NG feeds etc, and he talks about it (that's how I feel). I want to get us through this as a u ites family but I'm not sure I can. Our boy needs us both but I only have the strength for him right now (hes the one that needs us) and don't really have the energy to care about anything/one else.

Just hoping for some understanding and similar stories.

• Hi there ...  you know cancer effects so many and so many heartbraking stories ... but the ones I will never understand is how it gets into our children, and one so young ... l wish l could send you real hugs as one mum to another ... l had my son go through different things at 14 where I was falling apart, till he told me he could cope with his condition, but not seeing me cry ... 

Children have this amazing strength, they seem to just go on ... they have tears and are scared but through things you still see them smile ... l watched a program on a cancer ward for children ... and there they all were in different stages of treatments ... but they were so brave it made me think, at my age l have seen life, watched my own kids grow ... and l said if them little ones can do this so will l ... they gave me the courage ... 

It is to me the worst pain in the world for a mum in your situation .. all I would say is we cope differently as mum's and dads ... we do things differently but sometimes stop communicating ... you get through in your way... let him do things his way ... don't ever dout just how much this is effecting him too ... but hold on to each others hand .. and listen to each other, or it will tear you both apart ... and your son needs you both ... and just know what your feeling is normal ... no one could go through this without "loosing it" sometimes ... I would be screaming from the roof ... then go and see him, and hold his hand and he will know mummies here ... and daddy too ... and I bet his daddy is just holing on by his fingertips too ..

Any time you need a chat, I'm here most days ... and there's some wonderfull folk on here ... your not alone ...  one more hug to all three of you ...