2 Week Wait

Hi, 

I'd noticed a lump on my breast, as well as changes to my nipples and iritation of my breast skin. The GP refereed me with a 2 week referal on Sunday (7th). 

I'm yet to hear anything from the hospital about arranging my test. Just wondering if anyone had been refered recently and could share if anything was delayed due to coronvirus? Or if in general that waiting lists are still sticking to a 2 week period.

I'm young and have no family history, but as you can imagine I'm incredibly concerned and want to get this looked at as soon as possible. Thanks!

• Hello Can123567

Welcome to the forum although I'm sorry to hear that you've recently noticed a breast lump. Understandably it's a worrying time and I think that most people here on the forum will have been through similar emotions when waiting for appointments, tests and results. 
    If you've not heard anything next week then there's no harm in giving the hospital a quick call to ask what their waiting times are like at the moment. Waiting times have been impacted by coronavirus in many areas but we are also seeing women post who have had appointments come through quicker thatn might normally be expected. 

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. Do let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hi Jenn,

Thanks for your reply. I've asked the hospital what there waiting times were, but because I'm slightly under 25 (just) they are doing triage calls first. However they could give me so time that I'd get a call, regardless of being on 2 week wait. 

In the meantime I've developed marks around my breast skin, so I'm even more concerned and barely sleeping. Is it worth me ringing my GP or do I really just have to wait for the call. Even though I'm young, I'm not a hypochondriac but I'm still quite terrified!

Any advice you could give would be great! 

Thanks x

• Hi and I understand your worry, first thing to say though is well done for takikng it to the GP and getting referred, from here on you will probably find that your hospital will do all they can to guide you through examinations and any tests you may need, from mammograms to ultrasounds to anything else they might think is necessary. Its an alarming situation to find yourself in, especially with all the distractions about COVID, but once you get into the system, I hope it will go smoothly for you, and hopefully be reassuring. My referral was in late October, I was seen on day 14 (I had been ringing the surgeons secretary and the breast unit who had done mammograms before) I got a biopsy, result a fortnight later and had surgery early december, they did a tissue type test by sending my tumour to America and got the good news that I can be managed by just taking tablets at present, no chemo, no radioitherapy. I hope you get good support on your appointment, and that it all turns out to be something simple to deal with let us know how it goes. best wishes.