2 lumps in breast...

So for a few weeks now, maybe longer I had an ache occasionally to my breast, then the past few days it’s got worse and now the ache won’t go, and occasionally a small pain in my back behind my breast. I went the doctors and he found 2 lumps, even after I self examined n found nothing. 

I’m so upset, I’m scared, iv been referred to breast clinic with 2 week wait, what happens when I get there? What will they do? I’m 31. 

Thank you 

Emma x

• Hi Emma. Welcome to the forum.

Before I start, I should say that I'm a man so I don't have personal experience of this particular type of referral, and I'm also not a doctor. 

I think the first step will be to do an ultrasound of both breasts, so they can be compared with each other. Then you may have an MRI and/or biopsies of the lumps. I suggest that you take someone with you. 

I know it's difficult but try not to worry. Plenty of people are sent on two week referrals, but subsequently turn out not to have cancer at all and breast cancer would be unusual in someone of your age.

Please keep us posted on how things turn out. 

• Hi Emma You will have a mammogram, an ultrasound and if necessary either a fine needle or a core biopsy.
  •  

Hi Emma,

I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer. The first was 8 years ago and the second 7. I had a lumpectomy the first time and a double mastectomy the second. Neither procedure was nearly as bad as I'd expected and I'm still here.

When you go for your first appointment you will first of all be examined by your consultant and then sent for the tests mentioned by Telemando and Myob above. Your consultant may tell you whether or not s/he expects anything untoward or not, but they won't be able to say for certain until they see the results of these tests. This usually involves another wait of about 1 week before you get the results back.

I do hope that you are one of the lucky people that Telemando talked about and that all turns out to be fine.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you whenever you need us.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi I have 2 lump in one breast 3rd dose of fec tomorrow will be having a mastectomy once chemo finished. It's not been as bad as I thought I tell my self it's a means to an end good family friend support helps loads .tske one day st a time and remember it's ok to not be ok some days
  •  

Hi Lyn,

A very warm welcome to Cancer Chat.

It’s good to see that you have already started fec. How many sessions are you scheduled to have?

It sounds as if you have a good attitude to all that is happening. You are quite right that all you can do is to take one day at a time. We all have our ‘down days’, but so long as you are moving in the right direction, that is the main thing.

Good friends and family support will help you through this. It is so much easier to cope when you can share your worries instead of keeping them all pent up.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you whenever you need to talk.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Oh gosh sounds so scary for you, your so brave. Did u feel the lumps yourself? I couldn’t Wel mine but the doctor did. And did u have any pain. I’m currently really aware of my breast and having to sleep with a sports bra on. I’m so scared, iv got my appt on the 9th xx

• Hi,

I was just wondering what your outcome has been and what I can expect at my appointment. I too have had ache in my right breast and have found 2 lumps. Currently waiting for my referral within 2 weeks. I know everyone is different but would appreciate any feedback. Thanks  

•  

Hi NikkiJane,

Welcome to our community. I am sorry to hear that you have found some lumps and have an ache in your breast. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer in the past 9 years. The first thing my surgeon said to me was that it is unusual to have pain with breast cancer. Some of the posts above have outlined what you can expect at your first visit.

I hope that it all goes well for you at your visit and, that nothing untoward is found. Do please let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx