19 years old, breast lump, armpit lump, and shooting pain!

I am absolutely terrified. Everything I read online with my symptoms lead to breast cancer. I’m 19 years old, when I was 17 I found a lump in my breast. I went to the doctor about it, and she actually found 2 lumps. I am ultrasound, and the radiologist said it was Fibroadenoma and to come back in 6 months. Well, I didn’t have health insurance so I never went back.

i started to get really bad shooting pains on the same side as my tumors, through my collar bone and deep into my armpit. It got worse over time, but I thought maybe I pinched a nerve. So I delt with it. One day I began to think maybe this involved my lymph nodes, so I panicked. I went back to the doctor and they looked at my tumor again, but I was so scared I only told them about the one tumor I noticed 2 years ago, didn’t tell them about the other one. The other one, I couldn’t really feel so I thought it shrunk. They did a biopsy on the one I told them about, and it came back benign.

now I am still getting those sharp pains, so I went back to a surgeon, who viewed both of them. She recommended to have them both removed, and my surgery is in 2 weeks. 

A couple days ago i was having those sharp pains in my armpit again, and I’ve noticed a hard, sore lump! It’s not that big, but I’m freaking out. Everything I read leads to cancer. Please help! Has anyone experienced anything like this and didn’t end up having cancer? Can Fibroadenoma affect lymph nodes? So terrified! Can’t stop crying! Please help guys!

• Hi there ...

Bless ya ... it is really rare to get Brest cancer so young ... not impossible but rare .. and only 2 out of ten lumps are positive ...

I've had lumps under my arm a few times .. it can be trauma like a knock, or cut on upper body / arm .. and I panicked both times .. my last two Brest lumps under my scar were calsification... so stop googling symptoms... they make you think the worst case sinario. . 

Keep busy as poss .. try to think logically ... as otherwise it's overwhelming ... we all panic and feel scared waiting for tests ... but let them do the surgery ... and even then it's the wait again .. so know your just normal in feeling like that .. but the odds are in your favour ... live in the day... stop thinking "what if" and if you can get in a better place in your head .. it will help you .. 

There's a lot of us breast lasses on here ... and wer all doing o.k ... it really has come a long way now ... so hold on in there ... we know just how you feel, we've been there ... my first 4 call backs from mamorgrams were fine ... sending you a vertual hug ... Chrissie

• Thank you. It’s just so scary. The armpit pain only shoots on one side of my body, which is the same side as my tumors. Did you experience any shooting pain in your armpit?

• Hello I have the same problem with my breast for about 14 year and still don't know what is causing the pain its getting worse and moving all over my back and shoulder and getting chest pain. my is just fibroadnoma and not sure what to do next just going around and around with my doctors and now the doctor said take pain killers for the pain but I don't like taking tablets for the rest of my life.

• Hi ...

Yea I got a weird pulling sensation ... in arm with lymph node before op .. now still get those tingly weird feelings 20 months on .. even my scar gets tingles when I touch around it .. 

Just make sure you tell them on next appointment of any feelings your getting ... so hold on in there .. keep in touch ... Chrissie xx

• Hi there Jess. 

That's a long time to get pain, and hope they've tested to make sure what's causing it ... getting chest pain needs looking at ... maybe give the nurses a call .. number on home page and have a chat to them ... or McMillan... 

Chrissie x

• Hi, 

I just wanted to say what a lovely lady you are! As most women I have found on here. 

For some reason this really touched me, it was like a vertual mum hug. I have a lump in my armpit, I've been referred for a 2 week wait and I am only 20years old. I read a lot on google aswell and a lot of it has scared me. 

This just kind of lifted my spirits a little.

thank you x

• Hi there ..

That's really nice of you ... but I come from a big loveing family ... and was brought up, to always find something to smile about, no mater what ... and that sense of humour has seen me through many a thing ...  

I'm sending you one of my spiecial nanny hugs... ones that are for my amazing Emily... but she lets me give one to others, when they need it ... I'm sure you read my answers ... so there's not much more I can add ... and even though it's scary waiting, there's no way round it ... keep in mind, breast cancer at your age, is so so rare .. and I've had lots of lumps in armpit over the years ... 

So please let me know how you go ... I'll keep everything crossed ... Chrissie xx

• Wow! 

I am crying, my mum said exactly the same, it's just so hard to not worry, especially when no one seems to have the answers and I completely understand that doctors don't know everytning and that everything they do is to give us the best possible care. 

Your Emily is a very lucky girl! 

I will definitely keep you updated. 

Take care and stay safe ️

• It's o.k to cry ... it's holding it all in, that does damage ... I cried for two days when I found out .. then realised it was time to put boxing gloves on and get in the ring, and look it in the eye ... 

I've got a t shirt that says ... cancer touched my boob, so I kicked it's *** ... 

It's about geting things in proportion... and I'm sure your mum sounds wonderful ... so share a few tears... both admit it's scary ... then try and keep as busy as poss ... you know I even planned my funeral .. that was in 2017 ... and I'm still here ... 

I'm always here most days if you want a chat ... but be kind to your self and say .... if I wanna cry ... it's o.k .. or cuss ... whatever you feel .. is o.k ... trust me, we were all the same waiting for a result ... 

The definition of being brave, is being scared witless but you do it any way.... Chrissie... xx

• My mum is a big support for me, she's had cancer 4 types and 4 times but never breast and thankfully she's kicked it's *** everytime! 

You sound as though you are doing the same! Good on you! 

Everytime I have researched it has come up with either breast cancer or lymphoma, I know I shouldn't google it but I can help it. I'll get through it! 

It's amazing that you have also planned your funeral, if you seem to have everything under control. You will smash this! I get the vibe that you've been through so much more in life. 

Thank you so much 

I'm always here too even though I haven't a clue what I'm talking about, 

Kayleigh xx