1 more day

Morning everyone. 

This is my first post. Just want to say Hi and wish everyone well. Our story is in my bio.

Kaz xx

• Hi Kaz. Welcome to the forum.

Just read your bio. Good luck for tomorrow.  Please keep us posted with developmens.

PS: It's probably best to mention Lung Cancer in your post titles; that will alert those members who know most about it. 

• Hi Kaz

Wishing you and your husband all the best for the appointment. Let us know how it goes. I have had a recent diagnosis of lung cancer ( an 8cm tumour in my left lung)  and I underwent a left pneumonectomy last week.

Thinking of you

Joy 

• Hi thanks for your reply. The news wasn't good unfortunately. Lung cancer confirmed with 6/7cm tumour right lung and one node affected. The Biopsy stages it atT3 but the PET scan said T4. It's inoperable due to location and size. My husband is seeing the oncologist on 3rd January to discuss treatment options.  I've read that there are no statics for T4 survival past 2 years? Devastated but trying to put a brave face on for him. He is reasonably fit and well at present except from some back pain, so we hope  they can offer him something which will give him decent net gain. Fingers and toes crossed. X

• Hi Kaz,

Not the news you wanted, and I’m sorry to hear that.I was also given a stage 4 diagnosis on Christmas Eve. I’ve got T4N0M1 because it was found  in my lung lining after the operation. It’s a rare, aggressive cancer with high risk of spread despite the pneumonectomy. 

I’m waiting to hear from the oncologist in a few days.

As you say, everything crossed that there is something they can offer.

Best wishes to you both

Joy x

•  

Hi Kaz,

I'm so sorry to hear that the news wasn't good, but hope that the oncologist can offer your husband some treatment options. I know that it is difficult to show a brave face when facing such adversity, but the more positive you are, the more you will help and support your husband.

You have a hard road ahead of you. I lost my mum to secondary breast cancer, which had spread to her liver, lungs, brain and bone. That was 21 years ago and, it was not an eary road. Since then, diagnosis, treatment and after-care have improved immensely. I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer in the past 10 years and, there is no comparison between the care that she received and that which I have experienced.

I am hoping and praying for a worthwhile option to be offered to him. I am thinking of you both

Please let us know how he gets on. We are always here for you both.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

•  

Hi Joy,

I am so sorry to hear that you too have received bad news. I can only imagine how you feel as a result and, hope that this hasn't overshadowed Christmas for you both.

I sincerely hope and pray that the oncologist can come up with some worthwhile options in respect of treatment for you.

Do please let us know how you get on with the oncologist. We are always here for both of you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hello Jolamine,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I went to visit my brothers and sister yesterday to let them know the news. Not easy. They were obviously upset. I try not to weep and once I start I cant stop.  It must make me look quite hard but I have got to get my head in the right space to talk about it and can do that - most of the time. My husband is in pain but doesnt want to take medication which I'm finding difficult but its his body. I appreciate you being here I really do 

Kaz xx

• Hello Joy. I hope you';ve managed to have a nice christmas - as much as is possible anyway. We did. We dont know the full identity of my husbands yet but I suppose once we see the Oncologist we will. This seems so unreal!

Kaz

xx

• Thanks for your reply Telemando. Advice about mentioning Lung Cancer noted, thank you.

xx

•  

Hi Kaz,

It is always difficult to break news lke this to loved ones, but it is better once they know. I hope that your brothers and sister can give you support as you travel this journey with your husband.

I found that I had to develop a hard front when my mum was so ill, even though my heart was breaking inside. It was the only way that I could give her any positive support.

I am sorry to hear that your husband is in pain, but can fully understand why he doesn't want to take any medication. This may change if the pain becomes too much for him.

As I said before, we are always here for you. I hope that you get some answers on 3rd January and, that something can be done for him.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx