The IN Thing terms and conditions
Date of last revision: 17th September 2013
These General Terms (which incorporate the Services Conditions of Use set out below) apply to your participation in The IN Thing™ (a trademark of Cancer Research UK) use of The IN Thing™ website, and use of The IN Thing™ Facebook Page, (together “Services”). Your registration for The IN Thing™ and continued use of the Services indicates you agree to these General Terms. We may change these General Terms from time to time, so please check back regularly.
- The IN Thing™ is a Cancer Research UK fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over on 17th September 2013.
- Registration for The IN Thing™ event is via www.theinthing.org.uk and is only valid for the 2013 event, which will end at midnight on 30th November 2013. Cancer Research UK reserves the right to suspend or close registration at any time for any reason in its absolute discretion.
- Party Packs advertised are available to registrants free of charge from Cancer Research UK, but there is no obligation on Cancer Research UK to issue Party Packs, nor does registration confer entitlement to a Party Pack.
- Only one Party Pack is available per participant. Requests for additional Party Packs cannot be fulfilled.
- All participants must register for The IN Thing™ event using their own valid email and UK postal addresses.
- Participants hold The IN Thing™ events entirely at their own risk and, so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury or loss which might occur as a result of their participation or that of their guests.
- Participants must ensure they have the consent of the owner of any premises on which they hold an event.
- Only registered participants and their guests are eligible to take part in The IN Thing™.
- Any monies raised in connection with The IN Thing™ are held on trust for Cancer Research UK and you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising monies/donations received by you for The IN Thing™ are paid to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as practicable after the event and no later than 31st December 2013. You must:
- Deposit all fundraising monies and donations collected into your JustGiving Page which is established as part of the registration process.
- Alternatively, send a cheque made payable to ‘Cancer Research UK’ to the following address: Cancer Research UK, PO Box 1561, Oxford OX4 9GZ.
- You and your donors may elect to claim GiftAid when submitting fundraising monies to JustGiving and we encourage you to complete the GiftAid declaration wherever appropriate.
- For details of how we process personal data please read our privacy statement.
- If you have any queries or complaints please call 0300 123 6646. Calls may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.
- Use of the The IN Thing™ website and associated Services is subject to our Services Conditions of Use below.
Services and conditions of use
Date of last revision: 14 August 2013
- Content created by Cancer Research UK – Cancer Research UK owns or licences from third parties all of the trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property that exists in the Services. You must not copy or reproduce in any form any of the graphics, logos or other material from our Services unless you have our specific permission.
- Content posted by you - Any content that you post to our Services (e.g. photos and videos) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary). By posting any content, you also give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content.
- Keeping our website safe – We need your help to keep our Services safe. Therefore, you must adhere to the following:
- You must not collect users’ content using automated means
- You must not upload viruses or other malicious code
- You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone
- You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent
- Cancer Research UK’s disclaimer – Cancer Research UK takes great care with its Services and we endeavour to keep them accurate, error-free, and free of any offensive material. However, you use the Services at your own risk and Cancer Research UK will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of our Services. Whilst we may include on our Services links to third party websites or resources, Cancer Research UK is not responsible for such third parties and you use those websites or resources at your own risk.
- Cancer Research UK’s rights – Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you, or prevent access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Services Conditions of Use. Any failure by Cancer Research UK to enforce its rights if you do not comply is not a waiver and we remain entitled to enforce our rights in relation to that or any other non-compliance by you.
This prize draw is open to UK residents only aged 18 or over excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate family (including live-in partners) and any other person directly connected with this prize draw. The Promoter reserves the right to ask for evidence of identity and age.
2. Promotion period
The closing date for entries is 5pm on 13th January 2014 (“Closing Date”). Participants who complete The IN Thing survey after this time will not be entered.
To be entered into the prize draw participants must complete The IN Thing survey by the Closing Date and provide the personal details requested. No purchase or payment is required.
4. Limitation of entries/prizes
Each person will be entered only once irrespective of how many times they complete the survey and only one prize will be awarded per person. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
There are 3 prizes each consisting of one Lucky Voice Karaoke Kit consisting of a microphone, sound mixer and leads. In conjunction with Lucky Voice Online the kit transforms your computer into a karaoke machine. The choice of colour and model of Karaoke Kit to be awarded will be made by Lucky Voice, subject to availability. Details of Karaoke Kits are available at www.luckyvoice.com/shop. Winners will be contacted as part of the notification process. No cash alternative is available. The prizes are subject to any terms and conditions of the prize provider and only one prize will be awarded per person.
6. The Draw
Winners will be the first 3 valid entries selected by a random draw from all entries in the presence of an independent observer. Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winners cannot be contacted or do not provide the necessary information. The draw will be conducted within 7 days from the date of the closing date.
Winners will be notified within 14 days of the date of the draw. Notification will be sent to the email address supplied by the participant, or by a telephone call using the telephone number supplied by the participant, as appropriate. Prizes will be sent by email or registered post to the postal address provided. If no response is forthcoming from the notified respondent within one month of email notification being sent we will award the prize to the next reserve winner.
8. Use of your personal information for this prize draw
The Promoter or its agents will use your email address, or any other contact details you provide when completing The IN Thing survey, for the sole purpose of contacting you should you win the prize draw. See our Privacy Statement for more information.
Winners shall participate in all required publicity.
The Promoter is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mechanically reproduced, mis-delivered, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries, messages or post; unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission; on line failures; hardware software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the prize draw in any manner. Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter is not responsible for any inaccuracy in the contact details supplied by the participant that may result in the inability of the Promoter to contact that participant. The Promoter is also not responsible for any damage to the entrant's computer occasioned by participation in the research survey, the prize draw or downloading of any information necessary to participate in the survey or prize draw. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Terms and Conditions
Binding By participating in this prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to terminate or amend or modify the prize draw or these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these terms and conditions or the spirit of the prize draw.
12. Winner Details
The surnames and home counties of the winners will be available at www.facebook.com/theinthinguk for 28 days after winners are notified.
These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, a registered charity of The Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.