The Great Row™ Rules
The Great Row™ Rules
The Great Row™ is a non-competitive, indoor rowing machine challenge taking place between 1st - 28th February 2019 (both dates inclusive) (“Challenge”).
By signing up for the Challenge, you agree to abide by these rules and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these rules and any changes will be binding on all participants and supporters.
If you have any questions, please email TheGreatRow@cancer.org.uk and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
The Challenge is organised by Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD, registered company number 4355631), a trading company which Gift Aids its taxable profits to Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)).
Where reference is made to “CRUK” in these Rules, it means both Cancer Research UK and Cancer Research UK Trading Limited.
- You must be 18 years old or over to sign up for and participate in the Challenge.
- You can participate in the Challenge either individually or as part of a team. Each person participating (including each team member) must sign up for the Challenge and set up an online fundraising page at www.cancerresearchuk.org/TheGreatRow.
Use of personal data
- You understand that any personal data you provide when you sign up for the Challenge may be used by CRUK for the purposes of organising and administering the Challenge and for the purposes of any promotion associated with the Challenge . Your personal information may also be used for the purpose of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about CRUK’s work when signing up for the Challenge.
- All personal data held by CRUK will be handled in accordance with data protection legisation and in accordance with CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
- Use of our website is subject to CRUK's website terms and conditions.
- You are encouraged to undertake the Challenge in a gym or rowing club in the United Kingdom. You are responsible for ensuring that your choice of venue is a suitable venue in which to undertake the Challenge and that it has adequate space, access to drinking water, toilets, changing rooms, a warm up area and first aid provision.
- You are advised to report any accidents suffered by you to the venue where you choose to undertake the Challenge.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are sufficiently fit and healthy and physically able to undertake the Challenge. All participants are encouraged to check in advance with their GP that it is appropriate for them to undertake the Challenge, taking into account any pre-exisiting medical conditions.
- You must ensure you are in a suitable condition to undertake the Challenge and you must not be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. If you feel unwell on the day of the Challenge or have recently been suffering from a virus or have otherwise been unwell, we recommend that you do not undertake the Challenge.
- You are responsible for undertaking appropriate training prior to undertaking the Challenge. Any training plans provided by CRUK are provided as guidance only and CRUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to you or your property that might occur as a result of you using these training plans (other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of CRUK’s negligence.)
- You are responsible for ensuring that any equipment you use to undertake the Challenge is safe, serviced regularly and in good condition.
- All participants and spectators attend and undertake the Challenge entirely at their own risk. CRUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of them undertaking or attending the Challenge, other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of CRUK’s negligence.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Rules shall exclude or limit CRUK’s liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
Cancellation and Postponements
- CRUK reserves the right to postpone and/or cancel the Challenge in its sole discretion.
- Any monies raised in connection with the Challenge are held on trust for Cancer Research UK, and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the Challenge are paid to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Challenge. You can:
- Pay monies raised via the online fundraising page you set up at www.cancerresearchuk.org/TheGreatRow;
- Send cheques made payable to "Cancer Research UK" to: Great Row™ at Cancer Research UK PO Box 1561, Oxford, OX4 9HX.