The Cancer Research UK Volunteering Survey Prize Draw – Full Terms & Conditions
- By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”).
- The Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, and any other third party directly connected with the Prize Draw, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant.
- To be eligible for the Prize Draw entrants must have received an online volunteering survey (the “Survey”) from the Promoter.
How to enter
- Entry to the Prize Draw closes at 3pm GMT on Tuesday 31st March 2020 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must: (i) complete and return the Survey in accordance with the Promoter’s instructions; and (ii) include their email address where indicated in the Survey.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided by a winner, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid. Proof of posting or transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and remove entries which it determines in its absolute discretion to be racist, sexist, offensive, obscene, defamatory, abusive, insensitive, hateful, upsetting, illegal or otherwise inappropriate in any way including but not limited to those who the Promoter believes are entering without having fulfilled the entry requirements set out in these terms and conditions.
- The prizes are five Amazon Gift Cards worth £50 each. The Gift Cards must be used within 10 years from the date of issuance, and there is a maximum of one Gift Card per entrant.
- The provision of the prizes does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Amazon or any other third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draw. Please direct any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize to Amazon.
- Each winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions and all other incidentals. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes for similar prizes of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prizes.
- The prizes are provided by Amazon and subject to their terms and conditions which can be found here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200272910.
- By participating, entrants agree that the prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the prizes.
- Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the prizes except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
- The winners of the Prize Draw will be the first five valid entries selected at random from all entries received by the Closing Date by a computer process. The draw will take place on Tuesday 31st March 2020, after 3pm (“Draw Date”). Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winners cannot be contacted and/or do not provide the necessary information. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified within 5 days of the Draw Date via email using the details provided by the winners.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend the Prize Draw, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
- By entering the Prize Draw, each winner agrees that the Promoter may request the winner’s express written consent to use his/her surname, image and county of residence to announce the winners of the Prize Draw as set out below. For the avoidance of doubt neither entry into the Prize Draw nor the likelihood of the entrant being a prize winner are conditional upon consent being given.
- Where a winner has given their consent as set out above the surname and county of the winner(s) will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who: sends a stamped addressed envelope to Volunteering Team, Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ; or sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
- If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ