ManCave Terms and Conditions
The Mancave competition (the "Competition") is governed by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- This Competition is open to all legal UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and agents of the Promoter and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with the administration or fulfilment of the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to ask for evidence of identity and age and to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Competition. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- Individuals who will be entered into the Competition are those who have obtained a valid registration to Cancer Research's Dryathlon® 2014 fundraising campaign (“Dryathlon®”) prior to the close of registration on 12 January 2014 and set up an associated Dryathlon® JustGiving Fundraising page. If an eligible participant does not want to be entered into the Competition, they should notify the Promoter prior to the Closing Date by sending an email to Dryathlon@cancer.org.uk requesting to be withdrawn from the Competition. The winners of the Competition will be: (a) the individual who registered with Dryathlon® as an individual entrant and who raised more money for Dryathlon® than any other individual registrant (the "Individual Winner"); and (b) the individuals registered as being part of an official group registration for Dryathlon® and who as a group have raised more money for Dryathlon® than any other group registrants (the "Team Winners"). When assessing the sums of money raised for the purposes of this Competition, only sums of money showing on the JustGiving Fundraising page of individual and group entrants as at 23.59 UK time on 31 March 2014 will be considered. In the event that there is more than one individual entrant that has raised the most money as part of Dryathlon® from all individual entrants, the Promoter shall conduct a random prize draw from all such individuals to determine the Individual Winner. Likewise, in the event that there is more than one group entrant that has raised the most money part of Dryathlon® from all group entrants, the Promoter shall conduct a random prize draw from all such group entrants to determine the Team Winners. Any random prize draws shall be conducted in the presence of an independent observer. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry.
- Prizes are limited to one per person irrespective of the number of entries that person has into the Competition. In the case of group registrants to Dryathlon®: (a) there will be a maximum of ten of each prize, irrespective of the number of individuals in the Team Winners’ group; and (b) where sponsorship money is sent to the Promoter via a nominated group leader, the group leader and each registered individual forming part of that group (irrespective of the size of the group) will each be given one entry into this Competition provided that each such individual has signed up to the relevant group’s JustGiving Fundraising page for Dryathlon®.
- All entries into the Competition must be received by 23.59 UK time on 31 March 2014 (“Closing Date”).
- Up to ten of the Team Winners shall each win the following prizes: (a) a SuperCar Passenger Rides & Driving experience ’Single Supercar Thrill’; (b) a year’s supply of ManCave Cedarwood ShowerGel (consisting of 15 x 200ml showergels); and (c) a Sanctuary Spa (Covent Garden) Treats Product Set. Where there are more than ten individuals in the Team Winners group, the group leader must nominate ten individuals in the group to receive the prizes.
The Individual Winner shall win the following prizes: (a) a weekend stay in a Radisson Hotel within the UK; (b) an Apple iPad Mini (16GB); (c) a year’s supply of the ManCave Natural Grooming Range (consisting of 15 x ManCave Cedarwood ShowerGel (200ml), 12 x ManCave Moisturiser (100ml), 12 xManCave FaceWash (125ml), 12 x ManCave Shampoo (200ml), and 12 x ManCave Deodorant(100ml)) which can be sent to any UK address; and (d) a selection of Sanctuary Spa (Covent Garden) treatment sets selected by the Promoter or prize provider. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of a prize should be directed to the relevant third party supplier or manufacturer.
- Any hotel stay awarded as a prize for the Competition must be redeemed between 1st April 2014 and 1st June 2014 (inclusive) for stays between 1st April 2014 and 1st Ocotber 2014 (inclusive) and will be for a double or twin room for a maximum of two people. Usual booking terms apply (see http://www.radissonblu.co.uk/about-us). The hotel stay forming part of a prize cannot be applied to the cost of any previously purchased reservations or other miscellaneous charges. The ‘Single Supercar Thrill’ is provided by 6th Gear Experience and is subject to their terms and conditions (see http://6thgearexperience.com/Single-Supercar-Thrill). In particular participants must not be smaller than 5ft nor taller than 6ft 5in, be under 18 stone and have a full driving licence). The winners are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport to and from any prize venues, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. The winners are personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using their respective prizes. The prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to any of the prizes in whole or in part. By participating in the Competition, participants agree that the prizes are awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
- The winners of the Competition will be selected on 1 April 2014.
- The prizes are subject to availability and in the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control and not related to a winner, the Promoter is unable to award a prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize concerned. In the event of an error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prizes through a prize draw or to divide the prize or the value of the prize between the winners of the Competition.
- The prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer and/or supplier and the no warranty is given by the Promoter.
- Entrants will be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the Promoter’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition and no correspondence or discussions shall be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or modify the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition. Neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the Promoter to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of a prize in transit to a winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of a prize and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete or incorrect personal details submitted and/or for entries lost, corrupted, delayed or which cannot be sent due to technical errors, network, computer hardware, system or software failures, viruses, bugs and/or interruptions of service or for any other reason beyond its control (to the fullest extent permitted by law). Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of that entry by the Promoter. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Third party, script, macro, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted. Entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Competition and in these circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrect email addresses or incomplete or incorrect personal details provided by a winner. Incomplete or corrupt entries or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
- Winners will be notified within seven days of the draw by email or telephone using the telephone and email details submitted with the winners' Dryathlon® registrations. The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prizes. If any e-mails to a winner are returned as undeliverable or a winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, or in the case of the Team Winners where the team consists of more than ten individuals, the group leader fails to nominate ten individuals to receive the prizes by 31 April 2014 the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant.
- Winners agree to their names and photographs being used for promotional purposes as required by the Promoter without further reference, payment or other compensation. The names and counties of the winners will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending an letter and stamped addressed envelope to Dryathlon Mancave competition, Product Marketing team, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD no later than 31 April 2014
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of them.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London, EC1V 4AD.