Win an hour – Terms and Conditions
By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to these prize draw terms and conditions:
• The promoter of this prize draw is Cancer Research UK (“CRUK”). Registered 2022 address: 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ.
• The prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the promoter and its subsidiary companies.
• By entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
• The prize draw is free to enter.
• Entry to the prize draw opens at 09:00 on Tuesday 4 July 2023 and closes at 17:30 on Sunday 9 July 2023. Entries after that time and date will not be included in the draw.
• To enter the prize draw simply complete the prize entry form or at The Cancer Research UK Legacy Garden at RHS Hampton Court Garden Festival. Entrants must supply their name, address, an email address and telephone number. Incomplete entry forms will not be entered into the prize draw.
• Only one entry per person is permitted and entries must be made directly by the person entering the prize draw.
• CRUK does not accept responsibility for any illegible, incomplete or inaccurate entries, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the prize draw. CRUK shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures.
• There is one prize consisting of one hour of Paul Hervey-Brookes’ time. This will be in the form of a consultation by telephone or video call. Face to face meetings are not available as part of the prize. Note this must be redeemed in September 2023.
• Any costs or fees incurred by the winners either relating to the telephone/video call or the advice given are not included in the prize. Each winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these terms and conditions, including for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize.
• CRUK does not accept any liability for the advice given as part of this prize. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
• The prize will be provided by Paul Hervey-Brookes (“Prize Provider”). CRUK reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
• The winner of the prize draw will be the first valid entry selected at random by a computer process from all entries received during the entry period. Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winner cannot be contacted and/or does not provide the necessary information.
• The winner will be notified by 28 July 2023 via email or telephone. Two attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner does not respond within 5 days of the second email or telephone message, they will lose their right to the prize and CRUK reserves the right to aware the prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
• The decision of CRUK regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Furthermore, CRUK reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these terms and conditions and in these circumstances CRUK also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
• CRUK will inform the winner of the process for claiming the prize directly with the Prize Provider.
• The content of the consultation and the date and time of the consultation will be agreed directly between the winner and Paul Hervey-Brookes once the winner has acknowledged the prize. Examples of what the consultation could cover include the following:
o Paul to share some ideas as to what to do with a troublesome area of your garden
o General advice on how to go about designing your garden
o Ask Paul about his inspiration behind The Cancer Research UK Legacy Garden
o Find out more about Paul and how he became an award-winning garden designer
• CRUK does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize. Please direct any complaints to CRUK.
• CRUK reserves the right to:
(i) cancel or suspend the prize draw;
(ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and
(iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
• Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of the prize draw and in accordance with CRUK’s Privacy statement at www.cancerresearchuk.org/privacy-statement.
• By entering the prize draw, the winner agrees:
(i) that CRUK may request the winner’s express written consent to use his/her surname, image and county of residence to announce the winner of the prize draw as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and
(ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as CRUK may require. For the avoidance of doubt neither entry into the prize draw nor the likelihood of the entrant being the prize winner are conditional upon consent being given.
• Where the winner has given their consent as set out above the surname and county of the winner will be available for one month after the draw date to anyone who sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform CRUK at the earliest opportunity. In such cases, CRUK will not make their details available to members of the public but the winner acknowledges that CRUK may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority.
• These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
• If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com