Britain's Biggest Breakfast Terms and Conditions
© Cancer Research UK 2016. All rights reserved.
These General Terms apply to your participation in Britain’s Biggest Breakfast and your use of the Britain’s Biggest Breakfast website (together “Services”).
Your registration for Britain’s Biggest Breakfast and continued use of the Services indicates your agreement to these General Terms. We may change these General Terms from time to time, so please check back regularly. Britain’s Biggest Breakfast is a Cancer Research UK fundraising event open to UK residents aged 18 or over from 20th January 2016.
- Registration for the 2016 Britain’s Biggest Breakfast event is via cruk.org/breakfast.
- Registration opens on 20th January 2016 and closes at 11.59pm on 13th March 2016 and is only valid for the 2016 Britain’s Biggest Breakfast event, which will end at 11.59pm on 31st December 2016. Cancer Research UK reserves the right to suspend or close registration at any time for any reason in its absolute discretion.
- All participants must register for Britain’s Biggest Breakfast using their own valid email and UK postal addresses.
- Only registered participants and their guests are eligible to take part in Britain’s Biggest Breakfast.
Britain’s Biggest Breakfast packs and other assistance from Cancer Research UK
- Britain’s Biggest Breakfast fundraising packs (“Britain’s Biggest Breakfast Packs”) are available free of charge from Cancer Research UK, but there is no obligation on Cancer Research UK to issue Britain’s Biggest Breakfast Packs, nor does registration confer entitlement to a Britain’s Biggest Breakfast Pack.
- Only one Britain’s Biggest Breakfast Pack is available per participant. Requests for additional Britain’s Biggest Breakfast Packs cannot be fulfilled.
- We strongly recommend that you consult our fundraising web pages which contain tips on how to keep your event safe, legal and fun. Go to cruk.org/breakfast.
Cancer Research UK’s disclaimer
- All participants enter Britain’s Biggest Breakfast entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury or loss which might occur as a result of their participation in the Britain’s Biggest Breakfast event or that of their guests.
- Participants must ensure that: they have the consent of the owner of any premises at which they propose to hold a Britain’s Biggest Breakfast event.
Processing of funds raised
- All monies raised in connection with Britain’s Biggest Breakfast are held on trust for Cancer Research UK and participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising/donations received for Britain’s Biggest Breakfast are paid to Cancer Research UK. We ask that participants do this as soon as practicable after their Britain’s Biggest Breakfast event finishes, and no later than three months after the date of your event.
- deposit all fundraising monies and donations collected into your JustGiving Page which is established as part of the registration process;
- pay in all fundraising monies and donations collected using the online payment form on the Britain’s Biggest Breakfast website (cruk.org/breakfast);
- send a cheque made payable to ‘Cancer Research UK’ to the following address: Cancer Research UK Britain’s Biggest Breakfast, PO Box 1561, Oxford OX4 9GZ; or
- deposit your fundraising monies and donations collected into your local CRUK charity shop.
You and your donors can elect to claim Gift Aid when submitting fundraising monies and donations online to JustGiving and we encourage completion of a Gift Aid declaration if appropriate. However, if you are planning to pay monies into your JustGiving fundraising page on behalf of others (i.e. cash fundraising collected at your Britain’s Biggest Breakfast event) this is not eligible for Gift Aid. For further information please refer to the HMRC Gift Aid website http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm (link is external).
Gift Aid can be claimed on individual donations that are made to Cancer Research UK offline. To claim Gift Aid, Cancer Research UK is required by law to verify that a donation has come from an individual. This is achieved by Cancer Research UK providing the name, address and status as a UK tax payer of the donor to HMRC.
Use of personal data
- For details of how we process personal data please read our privacy statement at www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
Use of the Services
- Cancer Research UK’s website terms and conditions – Use of the Services is subject to Cancer Research UK’s website terms and conditions, which can be found at www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions.
- Email communication from Cancer Research UK – By signing up to Britain’s Biggest Breakfast you can confirm that you are happy to receive emailed communication relating to the Britain’s Biggest Breakfast fundraising campaign alone. You can unsubscribe to this at anytime by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
- Content created by Cancer Research UK – Cancer Research UK owns or licenses from third parties all of the trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property that exists in the Services. You must not copy or reproduce in any form any of the graphics, logos or other material from our Services unless you have our specific permission. For the avoidance of doubt (but subject always to our website terms and conditions) you have our permission to download material from the Plan Your Britain’s Biggest Breakfast pages on our website, found at cruk.org/breakfast.
- Content posted by you - Any content that you post to our Services (e.g. photos and videos) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary). By posting any content, you also give Cancer Research UK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content.
- Keeping our website safe – We need your help to keep our Services safe. Therefore, you must comply with the following rules:
- You must not collect users’ content using automated means
- You must not upload viruses or other malicious code
- You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone
- You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is hateful, threatening, pornographic or violent.
- Cancer Research UK’s disclaimer – Cancer Research UK takes great care with its Services and we endeavour to keep them accurate, error-free, and free of any offensive material. However, you use the Services at your own risk and, so far as permitted by law, Cancer Research UK will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of our Services. Whilst we may include on our Services links to third party websites or resources, Cancer Research UK is not responsible for such third parties and you use those websites or resources at your own risk.
- Cancer Research UK’s rights – Cancer Research UK may remove any content posted by you, or prevent access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these General Terms. Any failure by Cancer Research UK to enforce our rights under these General Terms if you do not comply is not a waiver and we remain entitled to enforce our rights in relation to that or any other non-compliance by you.
- Complaints - If you have any queries or complaints please call 0300 123 6646 (call charges apply). Calls may be monitored or recorded to allow us to maintain our standards of customer service.
- Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and Isle of Man (1103), a registered company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (4325234) and a registered company in the Isle of Man (5713F). Registered address: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.