Stand Up to Cancer Virtual Collection Volunteer Rules
These rules (the “Rules”) apply to the role of ‘Virtual Collection Volunteer for Stand Up to Cancer’ (the “Role”) and by registering for the Role you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these Rules and any changes will be binding on all volunteers.
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact email@example.com and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
The Role is organised by Cancer Research UK (“CRUK”).
Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales (4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F). Registered address: 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ.
- The Role is open to UK residents aged 18 or over on the day of registration.
- Only registered applicants are eligible to undertake the Role
- All applicants must register for the Role using their own valid email and UK postal addresses.
Assistance from Cancer Research UK
- Upon completion of registration, we’ll create a CRUK Giving Page for you (“Giving Page” )..
- Volunteers will then receive a welcome email containing messaging and assets (“Materials”) to use to carry out a virtual collection for Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign (the “Virtual Collection”). You may share the Materials with your UK-based contacts for the purpose of the Virtual Collection only for the duration of the Role, which starts on Friday 16th October and ends on Saturday 24th October 2020 You must not amend the Materials in any way.
- All intellectual property (including copyright and trademarks) in the Materials is owned by CRUK or its licensors.
Our expectations of a Virtual Collection Volunteer
CRUK expects Virtual Collection volunteers to:
- Commit to CRUK’s aims and values and be a positive advocate for CRUK;
- Treat everyone they come in to contact with through the Role with dignity and respect, understanding that no form of harassment, bullying or discrimination will be tolerated;
- Always consider and protect CRUK’s reputation in their actions and conduct, acting responsibly and within the law;
- Only use the Materials provided (between the dates 16th to 24th October 2020) when promoting the Virtual Collection online and, in a way, directed by Cancer Research UK.
- Not do anything that could bring CRUK or the Stand Up to Cancer campaign into disrepute.
A failure to comply with the expectations set out above may result in CRUK ending your volunteering Role and closing your Giving Page. In this case, you must immediately cease use of the Materials, destroy any hard copies and remove them from devices.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
- Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. The associated Giving Page will close automatically on Monday 2nd November 2020.
Use of Personal Data
- By providing your information when you register for the Role, you agree to CRUK using this information for the purposes of organising and administering the Role, and you agree that CRUK can also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and to follow up on your progress.
- Each volunteer will be responsible for their own registration. Please do not register on anyone else’s behalf.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for the Role.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s privacy statement which can be found here.
- By posting any content (e.g. photos and videos) on your Giving Page or by posting any content relating to the Role or to CRUK on social media forums (“Services”), you give CRUK a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content and you, on behalf of yourself and any copyright owner, waive your and their moral rights in that content in favour of CRUK.
- CRUK may remove any content posted by you or access by you to our Services if you do not comply with these Rules.
- Use of the CRUK website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
- Volunteers undertake the Role entirely at their own risk and so far as permitted by law, CRUK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss to volunteers or their property that might occur as a result of their participation.