Video Filming, Production and Editing Volunteer – Cancer Research UK Live Events- Various dates
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
These events are new to Cancer Research UK this year. We are looking for a talented videographer to join us at these events to capture our vital supporters and volunteers exploring other opportunities that the organisation has to offer.
Your role on the day will be invaluable, helping us to capture exciting and important moments at the event which will support our post event marketing work.
What skills do I need?
You will have experience in filming and editing videos to a high standard. We are looking for someone who has their own equipment and is able to collaborate with the Cancer Research UK Live team to agree direction and also work independently to produce the first cut and final edit. The final output will be a range of short professional and engaging videos to use to promote the awards and showcase what happened on the day. If you have a keen eye for detail and understand the principles of good video content, we want you!
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur videographer, or a media production student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to each event.
Skills needed include:
- Has a detailed understanding of video production and good level of experience in doing this type of work
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will be required to video both general and specific parts of the event which will be used for post event Press and PR, as well as future promotional materials.
Shots will include guests’ arrival, welcome talk, the sessions, lunch and the marketplace. And of course, lots of footage of our volunteers!
Using your own computer editing software, to create a set of engaging videos, including case studies of attendees, presentations and speakers.
The final videos will be used to promote future events and to update volunteers who weren’t able to attend.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the awards ceremony to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support you.
- You will have access to Cancer Research UK videos so you can gain a better understanding about the type of content we use.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop your existing skills in video production and editing
- The possibility of having your work included in our future promotional material
- A unique insight into the charity sector, and exposure to the Cancer Research UK brand, currently voted #1 in the Harris brand index
- A chance to meet new and like-minded people in a friendly fast-paced environment
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK, whose ambition is to double cancer survival rates within the next 20 years.
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role if required
Where will I be based?
We are holding events in the South West, North of England and East Anglia so a willingness to travel is essential. We will provide you with all the details of the locations once we have you onboard.
How do I apply?
Please apply by filling in our online application form and send us your CV and examples of your work to Romy Langley and Becky Warburton at firstname.lastname@example.org , such as links to a website or Facebook page so we can see your videos.
Please note, the deadline for applications will be Friday 14th September.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.