Team Chair - Relay For Life Peterborough
Apply right now!
Why we need you
“Cancer never sleeps, and neither do we”
Relay For Life is a year-round team fundraising challenge bringing communities together to beat cancer.
Teams of friends and family fundraise for life-saving cancer research, then join a 24-hour celebration showing that together we are stronger than cancer.
Without our teams who come together at Relay to celebrate their fundraising and take part, there would be no Relay for Life! The relationships you build with the Team Captains, along with great networking and engagement skills with will ensure that Relay For Life is successful year after year. If you’ve got what it takes to inspire others to take on the Relay challenge the Team Chair role is for you!
What will you be doing?
- Coordinating all recruitment activity to ensure your Relay event meets its team target.
- Building and nurturing relationships with Relay teams pre and post event to ensure participants have a fulfilling experience and return year after year.
- Regular communication with all registered teams
- Work closely with other chairs to plan and coordinate activities for teams on the day
The type of person we are looking for
We are looking for Mr or Ms Motivator! Are you enthusiastic and self motivated, someone who can inspire others to get involved and move things forward? You will have a positive approach, be comfortable speaking in public and have excellent organisational skills. Using your imaginative and resourceful attitude, you will be able to recruit teams across many different ways.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events and team recruitment
- Wider support via the Relay For Life network across the rest of the UK
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet local like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Development and support on your event management and leadership skills
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be part of a huge, fun and inspiring event
How much time do you need to commit?
You will be expected to complete our online training modules using the Learn for Life platform. Planning generally begins 9 months prior to the Relay. We expect you will attend all Relay For Life meetings. These will most likely be monthly, as the Relay gets closer, these may become weekly with responsibility intensifying as the Relay draws closer.
Your role in particular requires liaison with the other Relay group members, and regular contact with the wider team is essential.
Where will you be based?
This is a home based role, however a large part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. team recruitment, meetings etc.
Register your interest and your Local Fundraising Manager will contact you to tell you more about our Relays and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.