Stand Up To Cancer Gigathon Event Organiser Volunteer- Cheshire
Apply right now!
We can’t do it without you
Why we need you:
Do you love music? Or love organising events? Or even better - love music and organising events? Would you like to use your passion and knowledge to help beat cancer sooner? In October 2018 to tie in with our Stand Up to Cancer campaign; Cancer Research UK are launching their first ever Stand Up To Cancer Gigathon across several venues in the North West. We’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring volunteers to join together to organise these live gigs for Cancer Research UK. Additionally we are in need of performers, local artists and bands who would be willing to perform. Without volunteers, this event simply couldn’t and wouldn’t happen.
What will you be doing?
As part of the group of volunteers behind the organisation of Stand Up to Cancer Gigathon, you will plan and deliver the first of its kind in Cheshire, bringing musically-minded people together to raise awareness and raise vital funds. Your Cancer Research UK contact will support you and the local Gig 4 Life committee in planning and raising a vital £10,000 towards our ground-breaking research. We would love for you to be an instrumental part of the team in organising the event, spreading the word and creating a buzz about the event encouraging performers, bands, artists venues and anyone who loves attending gigs to get involved!
We need you to:
- Promote the event on social media, distribute flyers and posters in your local area – e.g. libraries, shops, workplaces, parks, vets and with friends or family.
- Assist with the logistics of each gig – assist with set up, liaising with venue managers, the performers and promoters, helping with risk assessments and other important documents
- Recruit performers/bands through your contacts
- Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate equipment, prizes for raffles, auctions.
- Write and send email communications to participants to encourage fundraising and share event information.
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Valuable events experience
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at events across Cheshire.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally you’d be able to spare a few hours per week in the run up to the event – from June- October.
The gigs will be taking place over a two week period in October so it is essential you are free in October to ensure the smooth running of the events.
Where is the role based?
This is a home-based role in the Cheshire area. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. group meetings and potentially some of the gigs
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
Please note: there will not be a Cancer Research UK office base for this role so you will need access to a computer and be happy to work remotely with guidance from staff and other volunteers via phone and email.
How do I sign up?
Complete our application form online. Alternatively, or if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.