Fundraising Group Member – Watford
Apply Right Now!
Why we need you:
To bring forward the day when all cancers are cured, we rely on every mile, every pound, and every volunteer. Cancer Research UK currently funds over 4,000 doctors, nurses, and scientists across the UK thanks to the generosity of our amazing volunteers and supporters.
If you are looking to get involved in helping to beat cancer sooner, and want to try something new this opportunity could be for you. The Watford fundraising group are looking for new members in the local area to expand the group and increase their fundraising activity.
What will I be doing?
- Attending group meetings.
- Representing your group and Cancer Research UK in the local community.
- Assisting with the planning and coordinating of group fundraising activities.
- Coming up with new and exciting ideas/opportunities to maximise local fundraising for the charity.
- Keeping up to date with Cancer Research UK events and latest news.
- Promoting cancer awareness among the community.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Lots of enthusiasm & motivation.
- Local community knowledge.
- Passion for Cancer Research UK and cancer awareness.
- Be reliable.
- Ability to generate new ideas.
- Good communication skills and confidence in building & maintaining relationships.
What can I expect from Cancer Research UK?
- Support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager and your fellow volunteers/fundraising group members.
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events.
- An insight into how the money you help raise saves lives.
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded individuals who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
- Involvement in exciting fundraising opportunities that are helping Cancer Research UK to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
- Developing new and existing skills.
How much time do you need to commit?
This is a flexible volunteering opportunity so time commitments can be discussed with the existing fundraising group members to best suit you.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.