Fundraising Group Member - Bath/Bristol
Apply right now!
Why we need you
We need you to join a well-established fundraising committee in Bristol / Bath to become a local representative supporting Cancer Research UK. You will be giving your time to provide information about how people can donate in memory of a loved one. You will also be responsible for supporting and thanking individuals and families at this difficult time. You will be taking over from a fantastic supporter who has been volunteering in this role and is retiring from this role, having raised to near £150,000 for the charity over the years. You can continue this amazing work in your local area right now.
What will I be doing?
- Thanking those who Donate in Memory with personalised letters and cards as well as their family members
- Taking responsibility for financial donations and to bank them accordingly as well as to deliver financial reporting with support from your local Cancer Research UK fundraising manager
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with funeral directors in Bristol and Bath with regular follow-up visits or phone contact
- You will have the opportunity to get involved with other local fundraising if you wish too.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- This role would suit a friendly, approachable person with good interpersonal and networking skills
- You will need to have excellent written communication skills, to tailor templates provided to offer personalised thanks.
- The ability to work independently is key for this role
- Efficiency and accuracy is needed for thanking supporters, banking donations and keeping records
- Some knowledge of your local community would be an advantage
How much time do I need to commit?
This role can fit around you and could be carried out with a commitment of a few hours a month. Ideally we would like you to visit funeral directors in your area regularly; a visit to each office a couple of times a year would be good. In addition, you will need to thank people promptly (by letter), as and when donations are made.
What support will I be given?
- A dedicated member of staff in your area will be on hand to offer advice and guidance
- You will be given training on how to find and introduce yourself to local funeral directors as well as templates for thank you letters
- We can supply leaflets and display materials for you to provide to funeral directors
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to help raise significant funds for Cancer Research UK
- The satisfaction of providing a personalised thank you and acknowledgement service to local donors
- The enjoyment of meeting new people within your community and being part of our local team
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in areas such as fundraising and communication
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role if required
Where will I be based?
You will volunteer in and around your local area and will be home based.
How do I apply?
Please fill in our short online application form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager Zoe Tainton on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07795316811
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.