Course Marshal – Bramham Park Fun Run - Wetherby - Sunday 30th September 2018
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
This is a great one-day volunteering opportunity at a local sponsored 5km/10km for Cancer Research UK. You could be involved with marshalling along the route, helping with any admin needed on the day, as well as offering general support for the success of the event.
What will I be doing?
You will be helping to ensure the smooth running of the event by;
- Directing participants and ensuring they stick to the appropriate route
- Informing the event organiser and First Aider of any incidents or accidents
- Encouraging participants along the route and offer support if needed
- Helping display route signage if required
- Supporting with any contingency plans
- Helping participants with any key information
We ask volunteers to bring their mobile phones with them. These will only be used in case of an emergency and if the first aid team need to be informed of any incidents / accidents. We also recommend volunteers bring refreshments with them and dress appropriately depending on the weather. At Bramham Park, there will be coffee/food vans in the set up area and toilets.
What skills do I need?
- Good communicator
- Willing to work as part of a team
What support will we give you?
- All volunteers will be briefed on arrival, providing all key information for the day and introducing you to all staff and other volunteers.
A volunteer brief will be emailed in advance to include some timings and information of the day
What benefits can I expect?
- A chance to meet new people in your local area
- Supporting a well-established local fundraising event to ensure its success
- Being involved with one of the UK’s leading charities
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.