"Talking About Cancer" Online Learning
Start your volunteering now!
Please click here to fill out our registration form. You'll then be taken through to our external site so that you can begin the course
What will I be doing?
Talking About Cancer is an interactive online cancer awareness course that will give you the tools, tips and confidence to have simple, effective conversations with anyone about cancer.
This thought-provoking course will allow you to learn through quizzes, articles, interactive discussion and video scenarios demonstrating conversational dos and don’ts. The course takes 3 hours, at your own pace.
Available to all staff with internet access
Why should I sign up?
• 1 in 2 people will develop cancer in their lifetime, and we think it’s essential to get people talking about the disease. Our online cancer awareness course has proven a huge success in helping build confidence and “know-how” to separate cancer myths from facts and encourage healthy lifestyle changes.
• You will learn practical skills for having conversations that can help save lives.
• This course if perfect for people who are tight on time but have internet access; you can donate a small amount of time to learn about cancer, and gain confidence in talking about cancer in an honest and open manner.
• You'll have access to interactive learning tools, including quizzes, articles, online discussion and videos.
• The course will empower you with knowledge and tools needed to talk about cancer.
Online via your computer, smart phone or tablet.
How much time will it take?
The time commitment for this voluntary online course is three hours over an 8-week period; you can complete it at your own pace.
When can I volunteer?
Anytime throughout the 8-week period that suits you.
Who will I be volunteering with?
This is an individual volunteering opportunity. You have the opportunity to communicate with thousands of people worldwide taking the course, via online discussion forums.
How do I sign up?
You can sign-up to the ‘Talking About Cancer’ course via an online application form.
Remember to fill out the pre-course survey to let us know your organisation, you will have the opportunity to let us know when asked to give details about your role.
Following sign-up you will be enrolled onto the course where you will watch a range of educational videos from our CRUK Nurses and complete the range of quizzes, read articles and take part in interactive discussion at your own pace.
At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to order a certificate to recognise your time and achievement.