Challenge Event – Mentor support - London
Apply right now!
Cancer Research UK work closely with a group of six inspiring individuals who have set and achieved their own amazing challenges based around running, rowing and cycling (including trans-continental bike rides, marathons, cycling across South America, ultra marathons, rowing 70K along the Thames and running 10K in every Olympic country in the world). These Challenge Ambassadors for Cancer Research UK are dynamic, driven and adventurous individuals who want to mentor you to achieve your own goal while raising vital funds for Cancer Research UK. We can also link you up with your peers wanting to create a group challenge event.
Mentoring from a Cancer Research UK Challenge Ambassador, to help you create and succeed in your own unique endurance challenge.
What support will I receive from my mentor?
- You will be allocated the right mentor for you
- Guidance on deciding on your challenge
- How to plan your training
- Overcoming unexpected challenges during your journey
- Promoting your challenge through social media
- Bespoke Just Giving advice to maximise fundraising potential
- Fundraising ideas outside of sponsorship
- The personal benefits of setting and completing a challenge for charity
What support will I receive from Cancer Research UK?
- You will be allocated a Local Fundraising Manager to support you
- Connections with other CRUK supporters
- How to reach out to your networks for support
- Social media guidance
- Bespoke fundraising ideas to suit you
- Branded materials for your fundraising
- Press release templates and guidance
- Bespoke information on our science
Why we need you:
You can make a real impact raising funds and awarenss for Cancer Research UK. You will receive the right level of support and meet others setting similar challenges. You’ll be part of a support network who will make each others’ journeys more powerful by sharing ideas and challenges to help each other maximise on success. Every moment you spare helps bring in more money to help beat cancer sooner. We need your fresh ideas, energy and the ability to drive this initiative forward with other like minded individuals.
What attributes should I have?
- A passion for Cancer Research UK’s work
- An ability to commit to a goal and see it through to the end
- A passion for adventure
- Ideally experience in organising or participating in challenge or extreme sports events
- Enthusiam and creativity!
- The drive to raise funds to beat cancer sooner
Where are the mentors based?
Our Challenge Ambassadors / mentors are based in London
How do I find out more?
Please get in touch by contacting our Senior Local Fundraising Mangager in London - Claire Cullen on 07918 166 172 or email@example.com.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.