‘C’ Food Celebration Champions - Faversham
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We are on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring volunteers to join together to bring to life our brand new C Food Celebration concept in your community.
What will you be doing?
You will become part of a brand new team of volunteers who will plan and deliver our C Food Celebration concept together in your community. Your Cancer Research UK contact will support you and the committee in planning and raising a vital £10,000 towards our ground-breaking research. We would love for you to be an instrumental part of the C Food Champions team in organising the events, spreading the word and creating a buzz about the concept…to raise vital funds to beat cancer sooner.
C Food is a simple idea - you hold a food fundraiser where all food begins with the letter C. You design the events the way you want them, and they can be anything from Coffee & Cake with friends to a black tie Champagne & Caviar event!
We need you to:
- Host a number of C Food Celebration events, organised with your new committee
- Promote C Food celebration events to your network, encouraging them to hold C Food Celebration Events, which you will support
- Share unique C Food Celebration ideas with your Local Fundraising Manager to help create more momentum with others across the charity.
- Set up and promote social media pages for C Food Celebration in your area.
- Help to attract more C Food Champions, co-ordinating all local activity and promotion.
- Leading the campaign in your area to raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- You’ll play an integral part in getting a brand new Cancer Research UK campaign off the ground.
- Meet new and like minded people in your local area, and create a positive impact in your community.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally you’d be able to spare a few hours per week to prepare your next event and promote C Food Celebration in your community.
Where is the role based?
This is a home based role in your local area. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
Please note: there will not be a Cancer Research UK office base for this role so you will need access to a computer and be happy to work remotely with guidance from staff and other volunteers via phone and email.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources
- Materials needed to for promotion and at your C Food events
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
How do I sign up?
Complete our application form online. Alternatively, or if you have any questions please call Lynette Farley on 07717 652679 or email on Lynette.Farley@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.