Bristol Beats Cancer Business Board – Secretary
Apply right now!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised secretary to join the newly formed Bristol Beats Cancer Business Board. The board has been setup to help raise funds that will contribute towards the £4.1 million Cancer Epidemiology Programme as well as raising awareness of the many other cancer research projects in the city of Bristol. This role is vital in managing the overall admin of the board and helping the committee chair with the organisation and efficient running of its members, to ensure successful delivery and ongoing completion of tasks throughout their fundraising journey.
The type of person we are looking for
- Someone who is passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK
- Able to plan and prioritise multiple tasks, keeping accurate records during board meetings
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail
- Able to communicate information clearly to build and maintain relationships with others
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining the boards administrative systems, supporting the logistics and running of meetings e.g. booking meeting venues, circulating agendas and recording and distributing minutes
- Providing support for the chair with the organisation of members and running of the board
- Supporting the boards fundraising activities and events in Bristol
- Keeping up to date with everything Cancer Research UK related especially in the city of Bristol e.g. the latest campaigns, medical breakthroughs and other general news
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Be involved in this new and highly ambitious board, the first of its kind for Cancer Research UK in Bristol
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This role is based in Bristol and will require monthly attendance at evening meetings in the city. The role will also include you being ‘out and about’ in the corporate community raising awareness of fundraising activity and supporting events throughout the year.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager.
Please fill in out online application form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager Jess Davis via email email@example.com or phone 07918 035 814
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.