ArcelorMittal Orbit Abseil 2015 T&Cs
These Rules apply to the ArcelorMittal Orbit Abseil 2015 event being held in ArcelorMittal Orbit, Stratford, London, on 5 July 2015.
All participants and supporters must abide by these Rules and any instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the abseil event by police and officials.
1. Entry payments are non-refundable under any circumstances.
2. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Online registration for the abseil event will close at 17:00 on 2 July 2015 or once capacity has been reached.
3. Participants will be allocated a time slot for the abseil event, which cannot be altered. Participants may not be able to abseil if they miss their allocated time slot. Participants will be notified of their allocated time slot prior to the event date via email.
4. All participants, volunteers and spectators agree that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken during the abseil event to be used to publicise the event and Cancer Research UK for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, personalised direct mail and other documents that may be made available to the public.
The City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee, Cancer Research UK and its authorised partners may appoint third party photographers to take photographs at the abseil event. All participants agree that their photographs may be sent to them, to other people featured in their photographs and to children’s parents/legal guardians where children are featured in their photos. Whilst photographers will try to obtain parental/legal guardian’s consent before taking images where children are more than just incidentally included, this cannot be guaranteed.
5. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the abseil event should take medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the event. The event organiser reserves the right to prohibit a participant from taking part in the abseil event due to medical reasons.
6. All participants enter the abseil event entirely at their own risk. The City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee, Cancer Research UK, its subsidiaries (such as Cancer Research UK Trading Limited) (“CRUK”), its volunteers and employees shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by participants as a result of their participation other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of the City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee’s or CRUK’s negligence.
7. The City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee and Cancer Research UK takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for each and every event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in an event, you acknowledge that it is potentially hazardous and that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries and/or are reconsidering your entry, please contact us before agreeing to take part in an event.
8. The City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee reserves the right to postpone and/or cancel the abseil event in its absolute discretion due to (but not limited to) adverse weather conditions.
Entry rules for abseil participants:
9. Entrants must be aged 18 or over to take part in the abseil event.
10. Only participants aged 18 or over who (a) pay the £30.00 registration fee by 2 July 2015 via the support us page on the Cancer Research UK website and commit to fundraise a target of £250 for Cancer Research UK; (b) register by calling 0300 123 1022 pay the £30.00 fee by 2 July 2015 and commit to fundraise a target of £250 for Cancer Research UK, are eligible to take part in the abseil event.
11. Any monies raised in connection with the event is held on trust for Cancer Research UK and must be passed to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as practicable. You can:
- Pay in your sponsorship money online with your credit or debit card on your Just Giving page created from the Just Giving event link sent to you at confirmation;
- Bring any sponsorship money raised offline with you to the event and pay it in to the event organisers in the registration area. This can be done by cash or cheques made payable to ‘Cancer Research UK’ (Please reference code N15FAU).
12. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the abseil event are paid to Cancer Research UK.
13. All participants must abide by any rules, instructions and regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by the event organiser, event marshals, police and officials.
14. For safety reasons, participants arriving late must abide by the instructions and decisions of the event organiser or their representative.
15. Participants, supporters and family members spectate at the abseil event entirely at their own risk. Neither the City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee nor Cancer Research UK shall be liable for any injury, damage or loss suffered by spectators at the abseil event other than in respect of death or personal injury arising out of the City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee’s or CRUK’s negligence.
What to bring with you
16. Participants must wear training shoes or walking boots with treads. Long hair must be securely tied back and no jewellery (particularly earrings and necklaces) should be worn. It is recommended that participants wear trousers that they can move freely in, such as tracksuit bottoms or leggings. A top with long sleeves is also advised. Everything must be secure about your person; participants will not be allowed to take mobile phones or cameras up to the roof with them.
Participants are encouraged to wear fancy dress on the day but please be aware that this should not inhibit movement and the final decision as to the suitability of any such costume will be with the abseil instructors.
On the day
18. The City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee and Cancer Research UK asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the events.
19. The City of London Friends of Cancer Research UK committee and Cancer Research UK asks that all participants along with their supporters do not use aggressive or abusive language or behaviour towards our organisers and volunteers.
20. Any participant that is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be refused entry and will not be allowed to abseil.