Driver Volunteer - Shine Night Walk - London - 22nd/23rd September 2018
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
On Saturday 22nd September, 15,000 walkers will be walking 13.1 or 26.2 miles to raise over an incredible £4million for Cancer Research UK – but they need you to help them achieve their marathon challenge!
Having the amazing support and endless enthusiasm of some friendly faces truly makes Shine an unforgettable experience. Join the Shine Volunteer Team and help us to beat cancer sooner.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be taking on one of three vehicle responsibilities all crucial to the coordination of Shine;
- Welfare Vehicle; look after your fellow volunteers by enabling those out on the course route to have a rest and the chance to refuel.
- Medical Minibus; be on hand to support with our first aid team by responding to calls from struggling walkers who need somewhere to sit and get warm before they carry on.
- Bag Drop Vehicle; help load and deliver walkers valuables between the start and finish venues.
You’ll need to have a clean, valid driving license, and ideally be confident driving in London as well as driving large vehicles. No special training is required.
‘I felt I was contributing to a great cause, supporting great people who were participating and feeling being part of a great moment in London’
Richard, Driver Volunteer
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique and rewarding Saturday night out exploring the iconic sights of London in a completely different light
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Experience of supporting one of the UK’s leading charities for one of their biggest annual fundraisers
- The chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Learn some great new skills and develop your confidence to support personal and career development
What support will we give you?
We’ll be with you every step of the way sending monthly updates and exclusives in the lead up to the event. Three weeks before the event, we’ll confirm all the details with you and give you a call to make sure you’re happy and answer any questions. You’ll also receive course maps to help you prepare and become familiar with the area that you’ll be covering on the night.
At the event you’ll receive a volunteer t-shirt, snack pack and shown round the vehicle which will be equipped with a sat-nav. Your volunteer manager will give you a briefing and be there to offer any support throughout your time with us.
Any time over Saturday 22nd – Sunday 23rd September that you can spare will be invaluable to support staff and thousands of walkers.
How do I sign up?
Complete our online application form and select the relevant role title on the application form.
Volunteers are the life and soul of our events. Can you imagine an event without a course, without medals and without cheering? Volunteer right now, make someone smile, and let's beat cancer sooner together.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.