These Rules apply to the Norwich Castle Abseil event being held in Norwich Castle, Norwich, Norfolk, on 19th March 2016
All participants and supporters must abide by these Rules and any instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the abseil event by police and officials.
1. Entry payments are non-refundable under any circumstances.
2. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Online registration for the abseil event will close at 23:59 on 13th March 2016 or once capacity has been reached.
3. Participants will be allocated a time slot for the abseil event, which cannot be altered. Participants may not be able to abseil if they miss their allocated time slot. Participants will be notified of their allocated time slot prior to the event date.
4. All participants, volunteers and spectators agree that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken during the abseil event to be used to publicise the event and Cancer Research UK for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, personalised direct mail and other documents that may be made available to the public.
Cancer Research UK and its authorised partners may appoint third party photographers to take photographs at the abseil event. All participants agree that their photographs may be sent to them, to other people featured in their photographs and to children’s parents/legal guardians where children are featured in their photos. Whilst photographers will try to obtain parental/legal guardian’s consent before taking images where children are more than just incidentally included, this cannot be guaranteed.
5. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the abseil event should take medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the event. The event organiser reserves the right to prohibit a participant from taking part in the abseil event due to medical reasons. If a participant has any conditions or concerns that may impact their ability to safely complete the abseil they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org before registering for the event. Cancer Research UK will share this information with the abseil company.
6. Participants will be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and health & safety declaration form on the day of the event.
6. All participants enter the abseil event entirely at their own risk. Cancer Research UK, its subsidiaries (such as Cancer Research UK Trading Limited) (“CRUK”), its volunteers and employees shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by participants as a result of their participation other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of CRUK’s negligence.
7. Cancer Research UK takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for each and every event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in an event, you acknowledge that it is potentially hazardous and that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries and/or are reconsidering your entry, please contact us before agreeing to take part in an event.
8. Cancer Research UK reserves the right to postpone and/or cancel the abseil event in its absolute discretion due to (but not limited to) adverse weather conditions.
Entry rules for abseil participants:
9. Participants must:
- Be aged 18 or over to take part in the abseil event. You may be required to produce proof of age for any person whom we reasonably believe is under 18 years of age.
- Not be pregnant
- Be a weight of less than 100kg.
- Be sufficiently fit and capable of climbing 100 steps
10. Only participants aged 18 or over who pay the £30.00 registration fee by the 13th March 2016 via the support us page on the Cancer Research UK website and commit to fundraise a target of £250 for Cancer Research UK are eligible to take part in the abseil event.
11. Any monies raised in connection with the event is held on trust for Cancer Research UK and must be passed to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as practicable. You can:
- Pay in your sponsorship money online with your credit or debit card on your Just Giving page created from the Just Giving event link sent to you at confirmation;
- Send cheques made payable to ‘Cancer Research UK’ and your sponsorship form to:
Norwich Castle Abseil
PO Box 1561
12. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the abseil event are paid to Cancer Research UK.
13. All participants must abide by any rules, instructions and regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by the event organiser, event marshals, police and officials.
14. For safety reasons, participants arriving late must abide by the instructions and decisions of the event organiser or their representative.
Participants must take all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of their person and of their property during their participation in the event. Personal accident and personal items insurance is the responsibility of the participant.
15. Participants, supporters and family members spectate at the abseil event entirely at their own risk. Cancer Research UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss suffered by spectators at the abseil event other than in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its negligence.
What to bring with you
16. Participants must wear training shoes or walking boots with treads. Long hair must be securely tied back and no jewellery (particularly earrings and necklaces) should be worn. It is recommended that participants wear trousers that they can move freely in, such as tracksuit bottoms or leggings. A top with long sleeves is also advised. Waterproofs are recommended in the event of inclement weather. Everything must be secure about your person; participants will not be allowed to take mobile phones or cameras up to the roof with them.
Participants are encouraged to wear fancy dress on the day but please be aware that this should not inhibit movement and the final decision as to the suitability of any such costume will be with the abseil instructors.
On the day
18. Cancer Research UK asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the events.
19. Research UK asks that all participants along with their supporters do not use aggressive or abusive language or behaviour towards our organisers and volunteers.
20. Any participant that is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be refused entry and will not be allowed to abseil.