What is the Facilitator programme?
We have created a central resources hub for Health Professionals which hosts all of our CRUK resources and further materials to help with managing the pandemic. We are updating the information as guidance changes. There is also a page specifically for patients on our about cancer hub.
Enquire about free remote support in your area
The Facilitator programme supports healthcare professionals and organisations to improve prevention and early diagnosis. We offer FREE tailored, practical support to help you change the way you manage cancer.
We help the health system to:
- Support cancer prevention and promote healthy lifestyles
- Increase informed uptake of screening programmes
- Improve recognition and referral of symptomatic cancers
- Improve diagnostic access and capacity
Our Facilitators work as a long-term partner to your organisation, providing face-to-face support tailored to the needs of your organisation and local area.
Our offer includes:
- Helping you to understand your local cancer data and how the care you provide compares to other areas
- Introducing a variety of early diagnosis tools and resources
- Providing training for clinical and non-clinical staff on key topics such as screening programmes and referral guidelines
- Helping you to carry out local audits of the care provided to people with cancer
- Helping you to find solutions to issues within your organisation and area, by facilitating local action planning
- Sharing best practice and innovative solutions trialled by other areas
- Facilitating communication between primary and secondary care
- Influencing and enhancing strategic planning of health services
We support healthcare professionals and organisations across England, Scotland, Wales and parts of Northern Ireland including:
- Primary care (including general practices, pharmacies and dentists)
- Commissioners (CCGs), Sustainability and Transformation partnerships (STPs) and planners of healthcare
- Public Health & Local authority teams
- Screening Hubs
- Cancer Alliances and Vanguards
- Diagnostics providers and secondary care