Young Art Project Volunteer – Dorset
Apply right now!
Young Art Project is a volunteer led project, with support and guidance provided by your local contact at Cancer Research UK. The project encourages young people to express their creativity through art.
What is Young Art?
Young Art is coming to a place near you! Young Art Project is a volunteer led project, with support and guidance provided by your local contact at Cancer Research UK. The project encourages young people to express their creativity through art. Young people will be invited to create their own art which reflects positive thoughts on those affected by cancer or their own personal challenge in life.
The project encourages young people to be strong and brave and it raises awareness of mental health, cancer awareness and being resilient and positive when dealing with a difficult situation. The children’s artwork will be displayed in an Art Exhibition and a silent auction will help to raise money for children of their own age that are suffering from cancer. By volunteering for this Young Art Project you will help to increase cancer awareness within your community and raise significant funds for Cancer Research UK’s life saving work to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer more effectively.
We need your passion and drive to make Young Art a reality in your community. You can involve friends, families and colleagues to help you and most importantly of all, gain the involvement of children of all ages by reaching out to schools, organisations or the local community.
What will I be doing?
- Visiting local schools to promote and encourage them to take part in the event
- Help to sort, mount and exhibit the artwork as well as helping to run the event
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- The option to educate the children on Prevention & Healthy Lifestyles and Cancer Awareness – all information will be provided for you
What skills do I need?
- A passion for the work of Cancer Research UK
- Great organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in promoting creative ability in children.
- Practical skills as well as a willingness to much in with a range of tasks
- The ability to work as a team
- Basic PC skills
- The enthusiasm to want children to make a contribution and take part
- Committed, reliable, self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative
- Please be aware, you must be over 18 to apply to volunteer for this role
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, this role will require the commitment of 2-3 hours each week in the early stages leading up to busier periods as the Young Art Project evolves. The role will require further commitment at peak times during the organisation, such as collecting the art work, and helping to manage the exhibition.
What support will I be given?
- A dedicated local Cancer Research UK Fundraising Manager will be available to give you continuous support, advice and guidance
- You will be given and induction and training on all aspects of this role
- Support with marketing, promotional materials and networking
- Fundraising materials and H&S guidance will be provided
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the work of Cancer Research UK
- The enjoyment of helping to set up and run a successful event
- The satisfaction of involving young people in a creative and enjoyable activity
- The enjoyment of meeting new people
- The opportunity to develop skills in areas such as fundraising and event management
Where will I be based?
You will be based from home and will also spend time out and about in your local community, promoting the event, collecting entries and organising the exhibition.
How do I apply?
Please fill in our short online application form. Please be aware, you must be over 18 to apply to volunteer for this role. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Preston via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07810757408.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.