Woof Walkies Group Member – Runcorn
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We need a group of enthusiastic, hard-working volunteers to help organise a sponsored dog walk in Runcorn for Spring 2019, supporting with everything from spreading the word to supporting people who sign up to organising the big day itself!
What will I be doing?
- Attending group meetings.
- Taking a role in planning the event.
- Recruiting volunteers.
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise the funds raised for Cancer Research UK.
- Promoting the event in the local community and to your contacts.
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community.
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
What skills do I need?
- Enthusiasm and ambition for the work of Cancer Research UK.
- IT skills would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Be a team player.
What support will we give you?
- You will be given an induction and training on all aspects of this role.
- Your Local Fundraising Manager will be on hand to offer support and advice.
- All appropriate materials, including branded stationery will be supplied by Cancer Research UK.
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources.
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a real difference to the work of Cancer Research UK.
- Valuable events experience.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
Where will I be based?
This will be a home-based role.
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Hannah Preston at Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.