Volunteer Treasurer - Young Art - Dorset
Apply Right Now!
Young Art is coming to a place near you! Young Art Project is a volunteer led project, with support and guidance provided by your local contact at Cancer Research UK. The project encourages young people to express their creativity through art. Young people will be invited to create their own art around a chosen theme. The children’s artwork will be displayed in an Art Exhibition and a silent auction will help to raise money for children of their own age that are suffering from cancer. By volunteering for this Young Art Project you will help to increase cancer awareness within your community and raise significant funds for Cancer Research UK’s life saving work to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer more effectively.
We need your passion and drive to make Young Art a reality in your community. You can involve friends, families and colleagues to help you and most importantly of all, gain the involvement of children of all ages by reaching out to schools, organisations or the local community.
Why we need you:
Join the Young Art Dorset group and volunteer with like-minded volunteers, all who are passionate about beating cancer sooner. You will play a vital role in managing the accounts of the Young Art Cornwall group by ensuring all financial processes and procedures are followed
What will I be doing?
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date financial records of income and expenditure. You will be expected to feed this information back to the committee
- Act as one of the main signatories on the committee bank account and take lead responsibility for counting and depositing money
- Reporting to Cancer Research UK at required times throughout the year, working accurately and thoroughly using Cancer Research UK’s accountancy documents
What skills do I need?
We're looking for a savvy numbers guru with the ability to interpret and draw conclusions from a range of numerical data. You will be able to plan and prioritise multiple tasks and keep accurate records. You will also be able to communicate information clearly and build and maintain relationships with others effectively.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can I expect?
A clear list of what the volunteer will gain from the experience. For example:
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of (enter area of work) and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
Based in Dorset- focusing in Bournemouth and Poole.
How much time do you need to commit?
This is a flexible volunteering opportunity and isn't a large commitment. However, please get in touch to discuss this further.
Please fill in our short online application form. If you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.