Volunteer Manager - Relay For Life Cranleigh & Rudgwick
Apply right now!
Relay For Life Cranleigh & Rudgwick is an inspirational team fundraising challenge culminating in a 24-hour Relay celebration.
The success of this event is due to the dedicated team of volunteers who organise and run Relay For Life and they are looking for a great organiser, well-connected and passionate person to join their team as a Volunteer Manager.
Volunteers are vital to the smooth running of the event and we are looking for someone with the skills to recruit , organise and manage a team of volunteers to help us over Relay weekend.
Are you passionate about raising money to help us find a cure for cancer? Do you love organising people and tasks and relish a challenge? Could you utilise your contacts and skills to co-ordinate the volunteers at this Relay For Life event, to ensure all the tasks are completed on time and the event runs smoothly?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to form and lead a new, highly-motivated volunteer team then this is the volunteer role for you.
What skills do I need?
- Fabulous networking skills.
- Organised and self-motivated
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of like-minded individuals
- Persuasive and creative
What will I be doing?
- Using your networking skills and contacts to form a team of event volunteers
- Recruit volunteers to support the weekends’ events – including a set up and breakdown team
- Work with the logistics team to identify tasks for volunteers and create a volunteer schedule
- Organise meetings for the volunteers to fully brief them on the event and tasks
- Welcoming and overseeing the volunteers on site
- Ensure that all volunteer jobs have been covered and that they are allocated accordingly.
- Thanking and rewarding volunteers as appropriate
- Championing the work of Cancer Research UK
This is a flexible role that you can fit alongside your other commitments, but it is essential that you are available to attend the Relay For Life event from Friday afternoon set up on 21st June until breakdown of the site on Sunday 23rd June is completed. The organising committee hold regular meetings and you will be invited to attend some of these too.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll receive a full induction to the team and what we do
- You’ll receive regular support from a Local Fundraising Manager at Cancer Research UK, with experience in working with businesses to support charities, event organisation and volunteer management
What benefits can I expect?
- Unique insight into the world of fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and put your networking, people management and organisational skills to a very different use
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
The role is home based and the event takes place in Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8JR)
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Hannah Preston at Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.