Volunteer Local Campaign Organiser - South and South West England
We are looking for driven individuals to plan and oversee the delivery of the World Cancer Day campaign within their local community to maximise collection income and to achieve targets for bucket collections.
What you will be doing
As Volunteer Local Campaign Organiser, you will
- Recruit and manage a group of Cash Collection Volunteers
- Organise and promote the World Cancer Day campaign in the South and South West area, in conjunction with your Local Fundraising Manager
- Organise the briefing and deployment of volunteer cash collectors in the area
Your commitment and location
This is an ongoing commitment until end of February 2020.
You will be home-based in the South or South West of England
What kind of person are we looking for?
Our ideal Volunteer Local Collection Organiser must
- Have an understanding of CRUK’s aim, vision and the World Cancer Day campaign, and use this knowledge to motivate and influence cash collection volunteers to reach cash collection income targets
- Understand sector best practice and the relevant fundraising/ cash collection legislation and escalation points (including safeguarding and health and safety)
- Be a confident networker
- Have excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be able to accurately report on income raised from cash collections
What’s in it for you?
Volunteering with Cancer Research UK has a host of benefits! You will
- Raise money for life-saving cancer research
- Develop new and existing skills
- Gain valuable experience for future roles
- Meet new people
- Have fun!
- Put your experience and knowledge to good use, for a great cause
- Gain a unique insight into the world of the charity sector
Plus, travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed, as agreed
What support will we give you?
You will work closely with and report to your Local Fundraising Manager, who will support you in the role as well as all of the essential tools and resources for you to succeed. .
Ready to get involved?
If you think this role is for you, click the apply button at the top of the page.
Please note that as part of the volunteer recruitment process, you will be required to provide the following in order to be considered:
- Two references
- Proof of ID and address
- A criminal records declaration
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.