Volunteer Fundraiser, Warrington
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of Crewe and Nantwich ambitious fundraising group; raising awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner. Warrington Cancer Research Group have been going for 4 years and host many successful fundraising events throughout the year within the local area
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. If you’re looking to get involved with something different and make a difference then the Warrington Cancer Research Group could be for you.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can I expect?
A clear list of what the volunteer will gain from the experience. For example:
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in Warrington area however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
Please fill in our short online application form and if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.