Volunteer Events Coordinator- Leeds
Apply right now!
We’re on the lookout for someone passionate, motivational and inspiring to join the Leeds Action Fundraising group; raring awareness and lifesaving funds to help beat cancer.
Why we need you:
Do you enjoy organising events? Would you like to use your passion and knowledge to help beat cancer sooner? In 2019 the Leeds action group are planning on organising and holding the Bramham fun run that attracts people far and wide, giving individuals and families the opportunity to have fun whilst raising funds and awareness for CRUK. Without Volunteers, this event can’t and won’t happen.
What will I be doing?
- Assist with the logistics of the event- Marshalling the route, helping with risk assessments and other important documents
- Work with this established fundraising group to organise the Leeds Braham Fun Run
- Helping to plan and coordinate the Bramham run
- Attending group meetings
- Recruit participants through your contacts
- Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate
- Promote the event through social media
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expense
What benefits can I expect?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak
- Valuable events experience
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities
- Meet new like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact on your local community
- Volunteering can help you learn some great ne skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development
- A volunteer t-shirt
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in the Leeds area. Part of your role may include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings
Please fill in our short online application form and if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.