Volunteer Event Organiser - Woof Cancer Day - Richmond
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Do you have a special four legged friend in your life? Would you like to use your passion and knowledge to help beat cancer sooner? In 2018, CRUK are launching their first ever Woof Cancer Day events across London. We’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring volunteers to join together to organise this sponsored Dog Walk for Cancer Research UK. Without volunteers, this event simply couldn’t and wouldn’t happen.
What will you be doing?
You will become part of a team of volunteers who will plan and deliver the Woof Cancer Day Event together. Your Cancer Research UK contact will support you and the committee in planning and raising a vital £10,000 towards our ground-breaking research. We would love for you to be an instrumental part of the team in organising the event, spreading the word and creating a buzz about the event encouraging dogs…and their owners to get involved, register and fundraise.
We need you to:
- Assist with the logistics of the event – setting up the 5 mile course, marshalling the route, helping with risk assessments and other important documents
- Recruit participants through your contacts
- Distribute flyers and posters in your local area – e.g. libraries, shops, workplaces, parks, vets and with friends or family.
- Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate items for doggy goody bags.
- Write and send email communications to participants to encourage fundraising and share event information.
- Promote fundraising ideas and the event through social media and your contacts
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Valuable events experience
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at an event in a unique location.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally you’d be able to spare a few hours per week in the run up to the event and also be free on the day of the event to ensure the smooth running of the event.
Where is the role based?
This is a home based role in the Richmond area. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
Please note: there will not be a Cancer Research UK office base for this role so you will need access to a computer and be happy to work remotely with guidance from staff and other volunteers via phone and email.
How do I sign up?
Complete our application form online. Alternatively, or if you have any questions please call Laura Megatli on 07585 999 023 or email on Laura.Megatli@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.