Volunteer Event Organiser – Source to Sea Sponsored Walk along the River Itchen - Hampshire
Apply right now!
We’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring volunteers to join together to organise this sponsored walk for Cancer Research UK.
Why we need you:
Do you enjoy organising events? Would you like to use your passion and knowledge to help beat cancer sooner? In 2018, CRUK are launching their first ever Source to Sea event in Hampshire. We’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring volunteers to join together to organise this sponsored walk for Cancer Research UK. Without volunteers, this event simply couldn’t and wouldn’t happen.
What will you be doing?
You will become part of a team of volunteers who will plan and deliver the Source to Sea Event together. Your Cancer Research UK contact will support you and the committee in planning and raising a vital £35,000 towards our ground-breaking research. We would love for you to be an instrumental part of the team in organising the event, spreading the word and creating a buzz about the event encouraging walkers and their friends to get involved, register and fundraise.
We need you to:
- Assist with the logistics of the event – marshalling the route, helping with risk assessments and other important documents
- Recruit participants through your contacts
- Distribute flyers and posters in your local area – e.g. libraries, shops, workplaces, parks, and with friends or family.
- Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate items for amenity bags.
- Write and send email communications to participants to encourage fundraising and share event information.
- Promote fundraising ideas and the event through social media and your contacts
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Valuable events experience
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at an event in a unique location.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt.
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally, you’d be able to spare a few hours per week in the run up to the event and also be free on the day of the event to ensure the smooth running of the event. This role will be home based with the need to travel to meetings and to the event.
Where is the role based?
This is a home-based role in the Hampshire area. Part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be part of a huge, fun and inspiring event
- Development and support on your event management and leadership skills
Please fill in our short online application form and if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.