Visual Merchandiser - in your local Cancer Research UK Shop
All you need to do is complete our short application form online and your local Shop Manager will get in touch.
Why we need you:
As a visual merchandiser, you will help to create exciting displays in our windows and in store to help maximise selling opportunities and promote CRUK as a brand. Join the gang and help make our shops look at their best to ensure that they are a huge success on the high street.
What skills do you need?
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in fashion/retail and a keen eye for detail. Some knowledge of fashion, labels and trends would be desirable but is not essential. We are looking for volunteers who have the ability to work on their own initiative, to work as part of a team and who are able to communicate effectively with other members of the team and customers.
What will you be doing?
- Creating visually inspiring displays in our windows and in-store in line with CRUK guidelines and policy.
- Merchandising, displaying and maintaining high standards of presentation in the shop according to promotional activities, seasonal trends, together with your shop manager.
What support will we give you?
We will provide all the training you need to feel confident in the role. The shop manager will be available give advice and assist you, as well as other experienced volunteers in the team.
What benefits do you get?
- The opportunity to be creative and bring new ideas to the shop whilst developing your visual merchandising and retail skills,
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the life saving work of Cancer Research UK.
- Learning new skills and gaining retail experience.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a team.
- The opportunity to study for an NVQ certificate (currently only available in England).
Where will you be based?
Cancer Research UK has over 600 shops across the UK so please search the shop list on the online application form to find your local store.
How do you apply?
You can apply by completing our short application from above.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.