Stand Up To Cancer Cash Collection Volunteer – October 2018
Apply right now!
Why we need you
This October we Stand Up To Cancer. Our mission is to raise money, accelerate the pace of ground-breaking research and get new treatments to patients as quickly as possible. We need some passionate, energetic and motivated new recruits to join the movement and help save lives right now.
What will you be doing?
We’re calling on volunteers from across the UK to spare a few hours to support with a bucket collection for donations to help fund some incredible research projects. There are a number of collections taking place in October, take a look at the following dates:
- Thursday 18th
- Friday 19th
- Saturday 20th
- Thursday 25th
- Friday 26th
- Saturday 27th
Everyone is welcome, and you don’t need any experience – just some energy, enthusiasm and a smile!
You’ll enjoy this role if…
- You love interacting with new people
- You enjoy inspiring and motivating others
- You’re an energetic team player and communicator
What support will we give you?
- A full briefing pack with top tips and everything you need to know
- All the supplies you need for a great day of fundraising
- A hotline on the day to make things as relaxed as possible - this will be manned at all times during the collection day, and we’ll give you as much guidance as you need
- A dedicated collection coordinator who will be on hand to answer questions before, during and after the collection
What benefits will you get?
- Cancer is happening right now. By sparing just a couple of hours you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK
- The opportunity to meet new people and have fun volunteering with others
- Experience the buzz of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign and be a part of Cancer Research UK’s biggest cash collection yet!
Where will you be based?
Locations available across the UK – simply let us know where you are, and we can match you up with one that’s convenient for you.
How to sign up?
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Hannah Preston at Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.