Sponsorship Chair Young Art Cornwall – West Cornwall
Apply right now!
The Sponsorship Chair is responsible for securing donations, products and services from local businesses that will increase revenue or reduce budgeted event expenses. Oversee development and implementation of strategy to secure local sponsorship, prizes for the winning children and to thank, recognise and cultivate ongoing relationships with the sponsor companies.
Why we need you:
The Sponsorship Chair is a vital role for the Young Art Cornwall committee as you will help the committee to keep expenses at a minimum by securing sponsors & gifts in kind.
What will I be doing?
- Approaching local businesses to sponsor or donate prizes for the Young Art Cornwall event
- Help the group to approach schools to take part in the competition
- Thank all of the event sponsors and make them feel valued, creating a lasting relationship
- Supporting the group over the exhibition with other volunteering tasks
What skills do I need?
- Management/Leadership experience
- Sales Experience desired
- Knowledge of and commitment to Cancer Research UK
- Knowledge of the community for recruitment and development of prospect lists
- Member of the business community helpful
What support will we give you?
A full induction with the other volunteers & your local staff rep, training & support, a t-shirt & any other materials you might need to be able to fulfil your role
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the charity sector
Where will I be based?
Mostly home-based but with some infrequent meetings around West Cornwall area.
Please fill in our short online application form and if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.